PDA

View Full Version : Monthly AO GA meet sign up

boomerfoxtrot
09-11-2002, 02:45 PM
Ok guys, in GA.... we here around Atlanta are going to try and get a Once a Month GA AO meet. The more people we have that are willing to show up once a month, the better price we can get! Feilds are willing to cut prices a bit if you have a group that will show up and play once a month. Maybe free feild fee. who knows, but it is hard to go and talk to theses feilds WITHOUT an idea how many.

GA paintball 2.0 maybe will be the first feild. B/c we already have a few AO memebers that go to that feild.
I live on the South Side of Atlanta, by the Atlanta Motor Speedway. I always have room for someone to stay a night, and I don't mind driving. So if your south GA, drive up to my place and stay the night then play. I'm sure we can work something out for thoses who can't drive yet.

I just want an idea. I have 3 on my end that are willing. My little brother, myself, and a friend.

Just give us your email address, phone number, CHECK BACK, or something so that we can get ahold of you when we get the first date. I know there are alot around Atlanta that play!

I'm in... so that's 3..

TigerMan
09-11-2002, 03:38 PM
I'm in. Just give me some advanced notice of dates (I have to know so I can ask for certain days off). Only day I wouldn't be able to is Sunday (have soccer until November on Sundays). Oh, and another field to maybe check into on discounts is Ultimate Paintball, it's a newer field. Their website is www.ultimatepaintballgeorgia.com. And I'll get you some more info on the Noonday field I was telling you about in the other thread.

boomerfoxtrot
09-11-2002, 03:53 PM
that's four...

I'll check other feilds out too... I love sup air and hypber ball..

boomerfoxtrot
09-11-2002, 03:57 PM
I found this on Ultimate Paintball Page

FIELD PAINT ONLY - players must use paint purchased from us. We currently stock "Steel" paintballs

SOUNDS like that could HURT!

TigerMan
09-11-2002, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by boomerfoxtrot
I found this on Ultimate Paintball Page

FIELD PAINT ONLY - players must use paint purchased from us. We currently stock "Steel" paintballs

SOUNDS like that could HURT!

Lol, that's just the name of the paint. :p It's made by System X. My friend said its pretty good, but it's really thick and can be tough to get out.

boomerfoxtrot
09-11-2002, 04:32 PM
WOW! I thought the paintballs had a small fills of steel !!
lol!!!!

I like PROBALL!!!!!!

Load SM5
09-11-2002, 05:15 PM
Well I'm 3 hours from Atlanta so I may be able to drive there for a day or crash overnight. I'll let you guys know when I have a free weekend on the way.

xmetal2001
09-11-2002, 05:19 PM
Count me in.

HoppysMag
09-11-2002, 05:22 PM
steel is wicked thick, impssoble to wipe, is a high quality ball, comes in a Bright orange ( i mean BRIGHT!!) and a british green... and it stains...we sell it at our field.

boomerfoxtrot
09-11-2002, 05:56 PM
very nice, at the end of this week. I'll count to see how many may be willing.

Come on guys.. if you live around Atlanta, sign up.... come play..

Splat Max
09-11-2002, 08:40 PM
If alot of ya'll are on the southside of ATL why not Fat City, great fields, and their paint prices aren't near as high as PB ATL, and they allow BYOP for $5 extra. Ultimate Paintball has great fields as well, yeah and that Steel paint comes in pink as well, pretty good stuff, and it doesn't wipe.

boomerfoxtrot
09-11-2002, 09:43 PM
I have been to FatCity once, I wasn't to happy with it!

one, there is no all day air. So if you shoot alot, you pay out your butt.. second, the paint does whipe! and the players that are regs down there WHIPE! They cheat.. I don't play with cheaters.

I have a nasty taste in my mouth from Fat City.
I think most everyone is on the north side anyway.

Splat Max
09-12-2002, 05:38 AM
They sell different grades of paint, sure the cheaper stuff does wipe. Just curious how long it's been since you've played there, because I've not have much of a problem with people wiping. But that's cool if most are on the north side, but what about Ultimate Paintball?

boomerfoxtrot
09-12-2002, 12:16 PM
I am checking on different places, Fat City isn't completly out of the picture. (I was down there about 6 weeks ago) Dan's Land is a much more friendly though.. and so if we are on the south side, that's where we would be. Plus they have a hyperball feild being set up soon.

More then likely most of our people will be on the north side...

I don't like Paintball Atlanta for the monthly meets.. cost way too much!!!! I am saying that maybe if we can get a paint deal, ($50-$70) case, then we could have the AO Offical day there. but there paint is double that!

I think the first GA AO monthly meet with be at GA Paintball 2.0 They have only one feild, and the feild isn't that great, but it doesn't cost a whole lot. and it's in central north atlanta... just off 400N past 285.
Maybe wildfire the older one, not the one in conyers.
I am going to check and see what place will be better price wise, and play wise.

personman
09-12-2002, 05:33 PM
GA paintball 2.0 is the best place to do this IMO, I still havent asked about discounts though.
Load if you could come down here that would be AWESOME!
I would rather not go somewhere like fat city where I have to drive 1 hour to get there, but then again Boomer has to drive pretty far to get to gapb2... but I dont have a car :p

Count me in.

boomerfoxtrot
09-12-2002, 05:47 PM
hey... ask them about discounts..

I and I'm sure 1 more AO GA guy/gal will be willing to ref the morning shift on Sat if it gives us a discount. I ref a game while I was out there, so i wouldn't midn helpinng. what it would do for them is get more regulars, and tell them about the possible GA AO day in Jan, BIG NUMBERS, i know they are to small for it, but still... say we are looking they might be more willing to diccount us.

personman
09-13-2002, 12:17 PM
Ok, I'm at school right now, after school if my mom picks me up, I'll drop by and ask.

boomerfoxtrot
09-13-2002, 03:24 PM
cool let me know... I'm playing Sunday too... don't know where yet, but I'm playing

personman
09-13-2002, 03:32 PM
Well, my mom diddn't pick me up.. I ended having a friend's mom take me home, so I could'nt drop by... I'll drop by next time I get a chance though.

FatMan
09-13-2002, 03:32 PM
Hey, are you guys in GA coming the SC AO Meet in Clemson? Its 2 hours north of Atlanta. The registration just opened:

http://www.parl.clemson.edu/~walt/aomeet/

We're going to have lots of good paintball and a big party afterwards. Hope you guys can come!

If you are coming register early, the more numbers we hvae the better chance of getting some celebs to show!

FatMan

personman
09-13-2002, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by FatMan
Hey, are you guys in GA coming the SC AO Meet in Clemson? Its 2 hours north of Atlanta. The registration just opened:

http://www.parl.clemson.edu/~walt/aomeet/

We're going to have lots of good paintball and a big party afterwards. Hope you guys can come!

If you are coming register early, the more numbers we hvae the better chance of getting some celebs to show!

FatMan
I'm trying to, I dont have a ride and I dont know if my mom would let me carpool with someone on AO without getting to know him/her. My church unconvienantally scheduled a holiday festival on the same day, and my mom is working at it. I refuse to have my older brother take me up, and I doubt that my dad would take me anyway.. Im trying!

TigerMan
09-13-2002, 05:12 PM
Got an address on the Noonday field for you all. It's located at a church, called Noonday Baptist Church (and no you don't need to be a member to play there, I don't belong to it and I play there all the time). Really nice guy who runs it. Here's the address:

4121 Canton Hwy
Marietta, GA 30066

They play every other Saturday (playing this Saturday, the 14th, so go on from there to figure out dates). They have both co2 and nitro fills. Its BYOP and they usually have a few cases there incase you do need some, but it's not always the best paint. They play there usually from 9am-2pm. They have a staging area also for your stuff. It's a pretty fun place to play, and we could meet up there without having to arrange anything with the field and such as far as deals go and all that.

personman
09-13-2002, 08:42 PM
Ok, got back from GA Paintball 2.0 (my mom took me to target and there is one up there so I dropped by) Jon said that he thinks he could defentally give us some sort of discount, but I'll bet that we should get maby 10 people first, or atleast like 7, something like that.
I also talked to him about impulses.. whadda guys think? Should I sell my mag and buy one?
I dont know how much he would discount, because I diddnt know how many people we had so far. We might have to start out with no discount and work up a discount as we work up people, but I dont know, I'll call him later, I just wanted to ask the question in person.

boomerfoxtrot
09-14-2002, 01:37 AM
good job.

We can get a meet together thrid Saturday of the month, or maybe Sundays...

which would be better? Sat or Sundays????

for me, with work and all, Sat would be better, but sundays might be fine too.

Let's set a date, and get a sign up, and see if we can't get 10.

Come on, what do you say... what weekend...?

Tigerman:: What kind of feilds do they have? is it woods, speedball, hyperball...???? what kind..... ?

personman
09-14-2002, 09:39 AM
I dont care what weekend, but saturday is best for me because I can get there earlier (no church)
Haha last saturday I was there like an hour before anyone else, just talking to ppl, then I got my crap and went outside when the ref came, but we waited for like 15 mins, then went in. Then Xmetal came in, so I went back out to the field. I was there waiting like maybe 5 mins, then he and his friend came. We played a little 1 on 1, then finally 2vs1 (jeez guys, 2 elecros vs me and the only reason you won was because I was playing hopperball and ran out of paint!) then other people started showing up, by the tens! I played a couple more games and finally I saw boomer watching the games, I wasnt sure if it was him or not.. but he was there. Well, this was about the time I ran out of air; can you say BAD TIMING?! I went inside and phoned my mom up, then sat in there for 30 mins. I saw Tigerman there also, asking about a neck guard. Well, I know what everyone looks like now, but no one introduced themselves to me.. In fact the person I talked to most was boomerfoxtrot, and I was just asking him about the z grip..
Right now I'm broke, but I have about like 400 paintballs anyway, so that takes off a little money I have to spend..
so really I could spend like 33 buxs and be fine, maby 36+tax.. still, I dont really have that much..

I'm debating weather to sell my mag or not, as I said in my last post.. If I buy it, I can get it from gapaintball 2.0 and get a free field pass for 12 months..

TigerMan
09-14-2002, 02:49 PM
Boomer: They have both speedball and woods field. They have I believe 3 small speedball fields (they just added one I believe, which made it 3) and they have one large woods field that can be combined with the speedball fields. There not bad fields for a place that's not a business.

boomerfoxtrot
09-14-2002, 07:50 PM
Tigerman: Do they EVER run games on Sunday?

OUR AO meets, we need a sign, or a "staging" area. I could bring a cooler, drinks, and ice... some others could bring some snacks and such... the time I came up to GA 2.0 I had no idea who was who, so just kinda talked to everyone.

But even at GA 2.0 there is a place to set up, I could bring my truck and then bring a tent and a table or something... that way we are "together" and it's not just another day at a new paintball feild for thoses out of AO who come. We can have some fun with it, we don't have to stand around and be shy and all.

perosnman: I talked to you a little in the store too, but you were leaving when I showed up =[] we need to have a little more, unity next time.. like I said, I could bring a cooler and some iced drinks. Maybe we could find some way to get a AO banner, or something of that nature.
Let's roll with this... I'm sure after a while we could have ourselfs a nice turn out once a month. Maybe even enough to start booking the feilds.

TigerMan
09-14-2002, 07:59 PM
They never play on Sunday. It's just a field open on every other Saturday from 9-2 just for fun, and not for profit. It's there to bascially give people in the area a place to play and not worry about cost. They have a staging area, and their parking lot is right next to it also.

personman
09-14-2002, 08:04 PM
I have a bunch of big coolers, I know of this sign place, I dont know if its in buisiness still, but its close to me, or we could just go to a kinkos. I think I'll start working on a banner design..

boomerfoxtrot
09-14-2002, 08:23 PM
ok, I think between the three of us, we could pull something together.

I'll have to go check out this other place. 9-2... ummm.. I'm not much of a early bird... lol

I'll see what we can come up with. I am thinking about playing tomorrow, but it might be to wet, and I really don't feel like cleaning mudd off everything.

anyway... let's work on a GA AO Group sign of some short.. and then let's set up a date. Kind of a time too. maybe 11-4,5,8... we could order pizza for lunch or something... who knows... what do you guys think?
I say the first meet should be at Paintball GA 2.0
(That's where the most from AO I know play, seeing how everyone eles is quiet)

Time and Date...: my idea, I really would like the second-third Sunday, or Saturday. if we meet sunday, we could go from 1-6 or something like that, no lunch to fool with.. Saturday we could have a full day, 11-6... lunch and all. lol

We can shoot for next weekend, but I think maybe it's not enough time... but it might be fine. OR we could do the weekend after. Not this comming weekend, but the next.

Your ideas?

TigerMan
09-14-2002, 08:34 PM
I think somewhere from 1-closing be good, that way you get some of the afternoon crowd and get some group play, and in the evening there it usually dies down and then you get some smaller action and get to play on a closer level with fellow AO'ers. Saturday be the best for me, because I have soccer on Sundays always, even though I work on Saturdays, I should be able to get up there after 3 or 4, or if I get enough notice I can ask for the day off (need at least 2 weeks usually, so I wouldn't be able to make it on time if we have one this month, but I can still show up).

TigerMan
09-14-2002, 08:38 PM
Oh and about getting lunch or something, as you could see when you went there were plenty of places to stop and eat lunch at or something, they had KFC, Quiznos, McDonalds, and then down the street they have a CiCi's Pizza, where they have the buffet or you can get carry out pizzas, and there prices are really good.

personman
09-14-2002, 08:45 PM
For lunch, lets all walk down to taco bell or something.. they have krystal too! There is a 'my friends place' in the same shopping center.
Possiblally next weekend, but the weekend after that on a saturday is best for me.
Saturdays are the best for me..
Here is my first attempt at a banner we could get made, any ideas?
Edit: lets just make an AIM chat room or something and talk about this there, it will be easier

boomerfoxtrot
09-14-2002, 08:54 PM
ok, we will play on Saturday,

now which one.. you want to do one this month, or you want to set up for next month? the first weekend of the month? or the thrid? I don't really care...

on the sign...

Have, GA AO Meet ... or GA AO Day... no need to put Automag... the AutoMag Logo does that =] .. and it's not the offical AO Day.... it's a GA AO Monthly Event. =]
... looks good though, could we get a sign from AO? or Automags? do they sell banners?

personman
09-14-2002, 09:06 PM
I'm pretty sure kinkos makes banners..
whaddabout this one?

boomerfoxtrot
09-14-2002, 09:19 PM
sweet...

looks good :D

now how much would it cost??? lol... any idea..?

personman
09-14-2002, 09:22 PM
They dont give you a quote, but here is a link.
http://www.kinkos.com/our_services/store_services/signs_banners.php
I'll try diffrent versions, that one is kind of basic..

boomerfoxtrot
09-15-2002, 06:01 PM
maybe you should put a phone number or an email address on it... put mine and yours.. and maybe tigerman... if he wants to help.

So while we are at the field, if someone see's it, they can contact us. Some people feel to shy to come up to a group.. so give them a way to get ahold of us. Maybe over the Top of the Logo, you can put Automags.org ... wrapped around the top..

I'll play with it some when I get over to my other computer...

Does anyone know where to get a full sized AG Logo? so we don't have to strech one...

personman
09-15-2002, 06:17 PM
I'm working on a new design. I just found ps7 opposed to ps6 that I was using..

personman
09-15-2002, 07:13 PM
All of my designs suck, but this one is better than the last ones, IMO.. I'm still a newb at photoshop

personman
09-15-2002, 07:21 PM
ok, I'm going to stop uploading them to AO, its a waste of space.
How about this one? more simple..
http://files.joako.com/aomeeet.jpg
Do you think it should even have the AGD logo in it?

boomerfoxtrot
09-15-2002, 08:55 PM
Do you think it should even have the AGD logo in it?

YES! we should have the Logo, we are the AO GA group.

How about Sat after next? that will give us almost two full weeks to get things ready... for the FIRST AO GA Monthy meet.

what do you think?

personman
09-16-2002, 11:49 AM
Ok, that sounds great.
What about the sign designs?
What else should I have in there, any perticular design?

boomerfoxtrot
09-17-2002, 01:20 PM
I personally like the first few you did...

With AG Logo in Middle , top left Georgia, Top right AutoMag, Bottom left Owners, bottom Right Group.

Going around the Top of the Logo, www.automags.org
going around the bottom of the logo, (email address)
Right Below the Logo (Big letters) Monthly Meet

now, about the TIME and DATE, before we run out of time... Not this coming Sat, but the next.? the 27th, at GA Paintball 2.0

How is it going with the feild, how are they going to work with us?

Saturday 27 of Aug, 11-6 ??? or do we want to go to close?
If this date is cool, we can gohead and post it... and then PM everyone in GA...

I need to know if the feild is going to work with us, what discount they'll give. So we can get it out, and use it to get more people.

let's rock and roll

personman
09-17-2002, 04:08 PM
I'll probally be calling gapb3 to talk to the owner anyway, I'll ask him again.. we need the numbers though.

But I havent talked to the guy sence last time.
He is a really nice dude though.

boomerfoxtrot
09-17-2002, 08:05 PM
this month... maybe 5-10 ... next month more, then next more... etc...

I'm not asking that he let us play for free, but it would be nice to have some help with the price... just see what he is willing to do.
Maybe that week he can cut the first shift of refs, and we can pick it up.... I donno.. just see what you can get.

personman
09-17-2002, 09:43 PM
Yessiree bob, I'm not the best talker, but I'll see if I can get something together.

This is what you said to do, if you want me to put a diffrent email thats fine, thats just mine, we could even open an account for just answereing questions about that and have it forwarded or something..

personman
09-17-2002, 09:50 PM
http://files.joako.com/aomeet2font2.jpg ??

personman
09-17-2002, 09:57 PM
http://files.joako.com/aomeet2font2navy.jpg ?

boomerfoxtrot
09-18-2002, 12:22 AM
I like the black back ground...

keep in mind.. this is a banner right?

so if it's a banner then it is going to be longer then it in tall...

right now it would be good if that was a poster or something...

If you would like me to call him I can, but you know him so I thought that maybe it would be better.... just let me know..