PDA

View Full Version : Ordered max flow got some questions!!!

FutureMagOwner
09-11-2002, 02:59 PM
lol i ordered a blue max flow 88/4500.

anyway time for my stupid questions.
1. how do you addust the pressure?
2. what turns it on and off?
3. how do i attach it to the guns(using macroline)?
4. will my custom products flame drop fit on it(without special stuff extra)?
5. what pressure should i run into my mag(has the AIR valve)
6. What pressure do i run into my cocker(I took of the stock regulator and put on a gas thru instead so i can accualy grip my gun decently)

also will a dye 88ci red(only one they had besides yellow in stock and i didnt care about color too much) tank cover fit it cuz i heard that some 88s are long and others are fat and wondering which one the dye fits on and what the maxflow is

thecavemankevin
09-11-2002, 03:21 PM
1:There is a nob that you turn with your hand...similar in prinicpal to the AIR valve in your mag...turn to adjust.

2:There is an on/off lever.

3:It is direct output (not screw in) so you just screw in the 90* macro line adapter and away you go. Or you can get a steal braid line quick disconect and connect it to the stock exit connector on the tank...then screw in the macro line connector to the quick disconect.

4:I think so, but it depends on which one you have.

5:I run 600 into my RT valve.

6:Well, it depends on what presure you run into it now. I have a timmy that runs at about 120 psi, but if you want to run a gas thru then you will have to take the regulator (on the tank) apart and put in the low pressure spring and then dial it down to what you need. It comes with the high pressure sping in it from the factory. If your cocker is lp, then i would recomend getting an inline reg that way you don't have to take one spring out and swap to another every time you swith guns.
Alos, if you are using this tank for both guns, i would recomend getting the northwest producst tank quick disconect block. I have one and it saves a ton of hassel.

As for the tank cover, you will just have to wait and see.

FutureMagOwner
09-11-2002, 03:31 PM
well what i ment with the adjuster and the other doohickey in 1 and 2 is which is which because im probably gunna end up accidentally turning the on off on or something when i ment to turn the pressure down

also i have a micro rock on the cocker could i just use that to regulate the pressure(i forgot if it regulates just the ram or every thing or everything but the ram:rolleyes: )

also with the drop it has the little grove in it like a site rail sorta and it has 2 screws for a regular screw in

also i ment with macro line couldnt i just use a 90* fitting then take out the hose then take the drop off one gun screw it onto the other than hook up the macroline for that onto the other gun
also how hard is it to switch springs

FutureMagOwner
09-11-2002, 08:04 PM
up cuz i still got questions and it fell to the 2nd page(and for other reasons)

petefol
09-11-2002, 08:30 PM
4) you probably wont be able to tell if the drop will fit unless you find someone with the same set up or untill you try it yourself. its cause if you have a gas thru into the vert bottle adapter on the rail it comes down like 6+ inches so it may hit the drop. if you have a foregrip that screws right into the bodyrail it should fit tho.

Jack & Coke
09-11-2002, 09:50 PM
Can you swap the output elbow and the output gauge so that the elbow is on the right-hand side of the tank? This way I can run the hose cleanly up to the input on the valve of the gun.

RetroEclipseMan
09-12-2002, 02:30 AM
Originally posted by Jack & Coke
Can you swap the output elbow and the output gauge so that the elbow is on the right-hand side of the tank? This way I can run the hose cleanly up to the input on the valve of the gun.
I was wondering the same thing myself. cause right now the way i have to run my micro to the maxflow is real ghetto.

thecavemankevin
09-12-2002, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by Jack & Coke

Yes, the gauge and the output can be swapped because i did this on mine.

Jack & Coke
09-12-2002, 11:32 AM
Thanks!

Also, what size Max-Flo did you buy and how much did you pay for it? (68/4500?)

I'm trying to pick between Max-Flo 68/4500 and a Flatline 68/4500. I see Max-Flo's everywhere, even at my local shops. On the other hand, Flatlines are always out of stock, and the store owners complain about the shipping/supply services of AGD as disorderly and unrealiable.

I really had my heart set on the Flatline... Is it worth the wait, or is the Max-Flo just as good?

blnk162
09-12-2002, 11:53 AM
max-flows are one of the best tanks out there id get one over a flatline any day, but thats me.

Jack & Coke
09-12-2002, 12:14 PM
What's the weight difference between the Max-Flo and the Flatline?

gatorchris
09-12-2002, 02:10 PM
I will try to hit these as I find them in the drop down.

1 As stated, you adjust the pressure by turning the massive knob on the front of the reg. There is also a high and low pressure spring that will have to be swapped depending on what you want to run. There is also a locking allen screw on the knob so you can make it tourney legal.

2 The on/off will not be "accidentally" turned off, it is in direct contact with the tank bulk pressure, which leads to my next point. Do NOT try to turn this thing on or off with a pressure higher than 2k. There is a tiny O ring on the on/off valve that will get damaged if you do. Its easy to change, but its a pain none-the-less. It will also be next to impossible to move it at 4k, so it will hurt your finger trying to push the little lever with that much pressure behind it. I start the day under 2k, turn the air system on, then go fill up to 4500. Last couple of games of the day I just stop filling to get the pressure down to a good level to end my day.

3 Macroline or steel braid is fine, there are four output ports on the reg body. See further below.

4 Your drop should be fine, the max comes with a rail adaptor that mounts onto any standard two hole mount.

5/6 No idea about pressure, dont own a mag :confused: depends on the cocker, I ran my max on a gas through into a dye ultralite before I sold it, ran around 200-250 psi. It will vary depending on springs, hammer weights, etc.

No idea on the cover, there are two types of 88 bottles on the max now, stub and long, I have a long and the 88 cover fits fine. I think it will fit the stub as well.

Springs on the max are as simple to change as unlocking the big knob allen and turning the knob all the way off, the filter, delrin washer, spring and piston will all come out inside the knob.

Jack: The maxy has 4 output ports; 12, 3, 6, and 9 o'clock positions. You can use any combination you want with respect to lines and guages. Depending on how it fits your gun you can have a straight macro fitting going out of the 12 going directly into gas through, I had about two inches of hose on my ultralite running straight up and down. :D

I have no experience with flatlines, cant give an opinion, but I can say that this max hangs with my GZ on full rip, zero drop off, maintenance is a snap, and I think I paid in the low 300s for my 88. Weight isnt a big deal for me, but I get compliments from other guys that pick it up and are surprised at how light my rig is, and I have a Halo on top, so I guess its not terribly heavy. Im of the opinion that if it performs better than its probably worth a little more weight.

Just so it makes sense, this was my ultralite with a drop for orientation on how the drop that comes with it (forgot to mention that, the 88s come with the long black drop you see here) You can see the little adaptor sitting on the bottom of the drop that attaches to the rail on the max.
http://a7.cpimg.com/image/41/4C/9350977-a260-02000180-.jpg

And my current rig without, hope this gives you a sense of how it may sit on your marker. Ive "grown up" a little since my old days and find that shooting without a drop really gets the gun off your face and helps your sightline. Much more stable for me, Im also somewhat broad in the chest so this is comfy for me.
http://a6.cpimg.com/image/78/B1/10917496-384f-02000180-.jpg

RetroEclipseMan
09-12-2002, 02:27 PM
Thanks for that great reply gatorchris. I have the old style maxflow (88ci/4500psi) and was wondering how easy it is to swap the output pressure gauge. It already has the 90 degree adapter on the left side and was wondering whether I would have to take it to someone qualified to do it or if i could swap them myself and what would be required to do it.Thanks

FutureMagOwner
09-12-2002, 03:41 PM
also i cannot put the stock regulator back on because i gave it to a friend when i sold my tippmann(took the gas thru put it on the cocker since i figure i wouldnt need it)

i suppose thatwhat ill do is only use one gun and keep the other as a backup so im not switching springs and crap all the time also which way do you turn to turn it off so i dont leave it open by accident when i get it filled or some bejazz like that

gatorchris
09-12-2002, 05:17 PM
Off is 12 o'clock, On is 3. Would be hard to mess up, the output guage will read your output pressure, if its anything above 0 you obviously have it on :p

FutureMagOwner
09-13-2002, 02:06 PM
well im new to that kinda stuff and im afraid of doing something retarded:rolleyes:

gatorchris
09-13-2002, 02:28 PM
Dont sweat it man, it will make much more sense once you get it in your hands. Id really hold off on more questions until then, some stuff will just smack you in the face its so simple. It comes with a breakdown manual, "other" spring (LP if HP is installed, and vice versa), and a few spare O rings. The little tiny one that you can barely squeeze a needle through is the on/off O ring, keep that in your spare parts kit at the field. You never know when it will blow and its good to have with you since you know no one else will have something like that.

FutureMagOwner
09-16-2002, 05:24 PM
well i got the tank today and the cover the cover doesnt fit so i have to return it and have them send one that fits:rolleyes:

and they locktited a micro line fitting so now iget to try and take that damn thing out so i can put my macroline fitting

gatorchris
09-16-2002, 07:19 PM
use the proper size wrench and it should come off no prob. Did you get the long tank or the stubby? Ive only seen one hazy shot of the stubby max, would be interested in seeing some good quality shots.

FutureMagOwner
09-17-2002, 03:45 PM
i assume its the long one because the cover wasnt long enough

my dad took a bench clamp and four wrenches to get the dumb microline off:rolleyes: atleast he didnt scratch up the whole thing or anything

now i get to argue with action village about how they should pay for me to ship the stupid cover back and to send a new one of course if it was something like agd they wouldnt make me pay for the whole thing! :D