PDA

View Full Version : tech help please

mephisto02X
09-11-2002, 03:49 PM
I recently purchased an automag classic and noticed that i cannot unscrew the power tube tip. The instructions recommend using a nickel to remove this cap but it will not unscrew. Any suggestions? Or does that part no longer unscrew? Question 2, is there any way to make the valve recharge faster on the classic? I find myself out shooting the gun every now and then. Thanx in advance for any and all help!

later-

speedyejl
09-11-2002, 04:05 PM
put a nickel in a mini vice or something and twist, be careful not to cause harm

PyRo
09-11-2002, 04:08 PM
If the nickle doesn't work, use a quarter :)
You can use a nickle, and a pair of pliers. You can put the nickle in a vice, push the valve down on the nickle, and then turn it. The PT tip should come off. It is the PT itself that is nolonger removable.
As far as outshooting the valve, make sure you are fully pulling/releasing the trigger, not doing so will cause shootdown. Make sure that when the gun is gassed up, and you pull the trigger all the way foward, the trigger rod isn't hitting it. You may also have a bad reg seat.

Schnitzel
09-11-2002, 06:53 PM
although it isn't likely you're overshooting it, retrovalves are the fastest charging valves on the market....still.

PyRo
09-11-2002, 06:57 PM
How fast are you shooting when this occurs, it is unlikely that you are outshooting a properly functioning valve.

Havoc_online
09-12-2002, 12:30 AM
Like Pryo said, check your reg seat and make sure your trigger rod is about a credit cards thickness away from the trigger when gassed up.
although it isn't likely you're overshooting it, retrovalves are the fastest charging valves on the market....still. He has a classic valve not a RT valve, even so, a properly set-up valve can kick it to the mid-teens.
Your valve may also be starving for air, what's your input? I also hope your not using Co2. Do you have S.S. hoses(stay away from microline)? Are you using any other regs? Just hook your air source to the valve or use a gas-thru(unless your using Co2).
Stay away from aftermarket valves and on/off assemblies that "recharge faster", they don't.

PyRo
09-12-2002, 06:01 AM
Don't check your reg seat, replace it. What happens is over time then get a couple thousandths of an inch thicker, you won't be able to notice this by just looking at it, however this will cause shootdown.