PDA

View Full Version : RT problems

ADROCK
09-11-2002, 05:46 PM
Hello everyone. I recently bought a Automag RT pro from someone off ebay. He said that I shouldn't have to do anything except oil it, and it should be good to go. So, I did that. Now, here is my problem. Anytime i shoot, the gun breaks about 3-4 balls out of every 10. I turned the velocity all the way down, and still have the same problem. I am shooting RPS marbalizer, and they passed the bounce test. Also when I shoot, a bunch of air comes out the end of the barrel. It looks like I have a CO2 tank hooked up to my gun. I was hoping someone here might now if there is anything I should do. Thanks in advance!

PyRo
09-11-2002, 06:54 PM
If your using Co2, thats your problem right there.
Make sure you dont' have a really bad paint-barrel match. Be sure if you have a parabolic PF plug it is set up correctly. If you don't have one order one from AGD. Be sure you arn't short stroking, meaning fully pull and release the trigger.
As for the barrel leak, if it stops when you hold down your trigger then check the PT o-ring, if not that you may need a differant spacer. If that doesn't stop it, check the on-off o-rings.

ADROCK
09-11-2002, 07:57 PM
Well. I'm not using CO2, it just looks like it when I shoot. There is a big puff of air. The gun doesn't leak down the barrel. I am pulling the trigger all the way back and realeasing it. I started to shoot one at a time, and it still was acting the same way. And I do have a good paint to barrel match. I am using a J&J ceramic. It isn't chopping paint, it is just breaking it. :confused:

joeyjoe367
09-11-2002, 09:40 PM
do a drop-test on those paintballs. they might be too old/brittle for a mag.

check into getting a lvl 10 kit for that thing.

PyRo
09-11-2002, 10:05 PM
You can try the sanding the bolt thing. Search for that on here. The level 10 will help. Check your barrel for burs. And as already stated, do a drop test on your paint.

BlackVCG
09-11-2002, 11:00 PM
Check to make sure your nubbins aren't broke. Better yet, get the plastic ones and they'll help a lot. Also, put a smooth radius on the tip of your bolt all around the circumference. This helps to keep the bolt from fracturing the next ball in line and then the ball breaking down the barrel once it's fired.

Also, too high of velocity will cause more breakage. Do you have the parabolic PF plug? You can tell if you do by looking at the handle If there's two set screw holes in it pointing towards the curve of the plug, then it's the parabolic plug. If not, upgrade it and the gun will feed paint more reliably.

ADROCK
09-12-2002, 11:16 AM
Thanks for all the input guys!!:D

ketel1and7
09-12-2002, 04:13 PM
The plastic nubbins will help alot.

Just one quick point on marbs....I can't stand them. Ever since RPS started with the advantage line, the marbs (in my experience) have tanked.

I shot Marbs thru my old spyder...chop chop chop
I gave some to my buddy (Tippmann) chop chop chop
Then had my other buddy try it (Impulse) chop chop chop

So next time I was at the store, I mentioned it to the guy behind the counter, and as soon as the words left my mouth, 5 other guys in the store agreed (As well as the store owner).

I am however, a HUGE fan of Allstars, slams, and Elt's. Any of those thru my boomy makes my Mini a surgical tool.

Just offering my experience with the paint. Good luck to ya.

EnW
09-12-2002, 10:10 PM
About that big puff of something out of the end of your barrel....is it the oil you put in? How much and what oiling procedure did you use? Did you cycle the gun for 30-40 times after you oiled it....with your barrel off...and with no paint?

ADROCK
09-13-2002, 12:19 AM
I dropped about 6 or 7 drops of oil in the asa, and then dry fired it for about 30 times with no barrel and no paint. It just looks like a puff of Co2, but i am using HPA. I am using a 68/3000psi tank, I shot 200 rounds, and I used about 1000 psi of air. Is this normal? The paint does pass the bounce test, but you never know. Where would I go to order, or look at a level 10 for my gun?

ketel1and7
09-14-2002, 07:27 PM
You can only order them from AGD. It will set you back about 85 bux.

PyRo
09-15-2002, 06:18 AM
It is pretty normal for some white smoke to come out of your barrel when you use N2. Probably somthing with the air rapidly decompressing, temperature/humidity change or somthing like that.