PDA

View Full Version : Leaky 'cocker..

warpfeedmod
09-11-2002, 06:07 PM
Okay here's the info:

Tank output around 700-800

Vigilante output around 375

it leaks from somewhere aruond where the arrows/? marks are.

I can feel the air at the point where the rod goes through the reg there at the top (left 2 arrows) and I'm guessing the air is coming from the block (right arrow)

If the gun isn't cocked when I air it up, it just leaks.. I tried cocking the gun before I air it up, it leaks, but when I pull the trigger I get a "pop"

Any ideas?

http://www.whatisthebinty.com/images/paintball/vig.jpg

p.s. sorry for the blurry pic..

FreshmanBob
09-11-2002, 06:35 PM
your 3-ways dead, get a palmer 3 way.

InfinatyBPS
09-11-2002, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by FreshmanBob

No, your 3 way isnt dead:rolleyes: some new o=rings and some oil should fix it up nice... and 375 psi is realy alot for a cocker especialy a 2000+. Stock I think they are around 300...

TRIAD
09-11-2002, 07:04 PM
I hope you have coupler screws on there.

FactsOfLife
09-11-2002, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by FreshmanBob

the 3 way is most certainly NOT dead.

blown oring. overpressured the front pnues.

replace orings, retime, enjoy.

warpfeedmod
09-11-2002, 07:38 PM
hehe yeah facts is right...

blew the o-ring..
replaced it but now it's leaking again out the back..
I think I gotta have it re-timed and I'm having no luck trying heh

I'm gonna stop by the local pro-shop tomorrow and see if they can do it.

ronron2112
09-11-2002, 07:53 PM
Whatd you expect... its a cocker...

:D :rolleyes:

Venom
09-11-2002, 09:51 PM
Yah, you either blew the o-ring, or the coupler is screwed into the 3way too far, and the rear oring isnt covering the tiny hole inside. screw it back toward the asa is the oring thing doesnt work.

Hey.. no bad mouthing cockers.. I have a cocker, mag, shocker, and an angel. I love all my babies.

Tron
09-12-2002, 01:58 AM
Bro I suggest learning to time it yourself. It is way to easy I don't know why people are always bad mouthing the fact you have to time it. I got my first cocker and I was messing with it and it went out of time and would make a loud popping noise instead of shooting. I timed it and boom works flawless. You probably have it either screwed to far in or not enough and its leaking. Make sure to tighten the screws down after you adjust it so it wont back out.

-Tron

warpfeedmod
09-12-2002, 07:26 AM
Tron, doing the 'zact same thing. When I pull the trigger it makes a loud "POP" and won't re-cock. Got the leak to stop but whenever I adjust the LPR in the front it starts to leak again.

I know once you get em setup it works fine, my STO is set and I havn't touched it in over a year (cept to lube/clean it) and I've NEVER had a problem crono-ing it.

I dunno, I'm the type of person who doesn't want o spend the time learning something new I guess heh that and I've gotta re-fill the tank adn considering it's like 4 bux at the local shop, by the time I've had it filled like 10 times to figure out how to fix he damned thing I could have just paid the guy $40 to do it for me heh

Dont get me wrong 'cockers are great guns I think. This ones got a sweet short trigger pull.

Can't wait to see what my freeflow is like when it gets here:p

Thordic
09-12-2002, 08:04 AM
www.paintballravi.com

:)

guntek118
09-12-2002, 09:06 PM
dude,

get yourself a soapy water solution,gas-up,and apply small drops to pinpoint leak.

if this is a standard size 3-way, you may......

1. have to adjust the shaft setting to obtain propper sealing position.
2. replace an o-ring on 3-way shaft.
3. replace what may be a bent 3-way shaft(common occurance).

good luck.