PDA

View Full Version : vibrating reload alarm?

TheJester
09-11-2002, 07:23 PM
I have a ricochet 2k, and as many may know, and may not know, it has a reload alarm (audiable) now my idea is to remove the speaker, and replace it w/ a vibrating motor, similar, to that in like a pager, and run it down into my grip, kinda like how the intelliframe is linked to a revy, so when my reload alarm goes off, instead of beeping, it vibrates in my frame, and i do know for a fact there's enough power to run it, what do you think?

Mossman
09-11-2002, 09:34 PM
sounds dope. :) I didnt even know about the reload alarm in the richo. Does it beep when your out of paint or almost out? If it beeps when your dead out of paint (except maybe 4 in feed tube), then i dont think a big project is worht it. I mean you can disconnect the speaker and wait til you are dry firing too.... :)

Tron
09-12-2002, 01:54 AM
It beeps when your almost out of paint. I love all the features it has and has never failed me. I already put three cases of paint through it and the battery is still going. Good idea on the vibrating idea. I watched my first tourney last week and a guys revi went off and they yelled "HE'S OUT OF PAINT..." then he was bunkered. =)

-Tron

SaS
09-12-2002, 04:20 AM
the reload alarm is triggered by the number of balls shot(multiples of 135... i think)

since the ricochet has a ball counter... it was actually pretty easy for them to rig it that way

TheJester
09-12-2002, 05:27 AM
Alright, thanks for the input so far, and yes, it does beep when i'm low, not when i'm out, it actually beeps at multiples of 155, but i normally turn it off, just so i don';t get bunkered when i'm low. thanks so far, and if you have any other suggestions on how i many be able to improve it (better wireing techneique ect) that would be cool too

Muzikman
09-12-2002, 02:50 PM
Just to let you know you can use the motor for a Bit Char-g car for the vibrating motor.

Mossman
09-12-2002, 03:54 PM
http://www.bgmicro.com/pdf/page19.pdf
Pager motor. Low voltage though so you'd have to regulate