pbjosh
09-11-2002, 07:33 PM
Here is it, Cockers going Hella fast-

And people thought it wouldn't go over 13+

http://www.raceguns.dk/data/RGP_320x256.avi

Josh

xmetal2001
09-30-2002, 10:39 PM
Correct me if i'm wrong, but dont the Raceguns have a different 3-Way. Or by "it" do you mean the racegun?

trevy38
10-03-2002, 12:05 PM
13 bps isnt impressive. It's impressive (for a cocker) if it can do it without velocity dropoff.

Koosh
10-04-2002, 05:32 PM
the video is of freeflow Race-cockers doing 17 bps, 19 bps, and 20 bps... with no ACE of any kind at all...

The accuracy is VERY good, however when going twenty balls a second, it seems there is one low ball... because just after exiting the barrel, it explodes, so I am guessing that it had a lower velocity than the one behind it, they collided and exploded.

The Race frame is an aftermarket gripframe for the cocker, all it replaces is the gripframe and the 3 way valve for an electronic solenoid. I believe they use the same solenoid as in the angel, but I could be wrong.

John Molloy
10-13-2002, 05:50 PM
I've tried the Race gun and yes its very nice and fast but the video is of full auto, most sites don't allow it and no tournies allow it so whats the point? Yes it replaces the 3way with a solenoid I've seen them put out up to 16 bps on semi mode but I find the trigger shoe to be a tad uncomfortable. Their are other E triggers for the cocker, some replace the 3way others don't but by far the best that I have tried is the E-blade from Eclipse their is no micro switch to wear out as its a beam of light interupted by the trigger and the magnetic return is just so smooth, Jack Woods was ripping off 16bps without trying and that was on a prototype the finished version is even faster.

NiHiLo-thc
10-13-2002, 09:34 PM
Hmm I cant watch it...My RealPlayer says..."Unable To Render Video; MP42 Decompressor Not Found"? :confused:

pbjosh
10-18-2002, 01:30 PM
One note about the E-frames:

The Racegun does have an SMC 5-way on the front of the gun, much like the SMC 5-way that goes into an angel. I think for a true, fast, E-cocker you need to replace the 5-way.

The true E-frames (Race, Eclipse, Sandridge, Proteam, Doc Nickel's) only really release the potential of a Cocker. Unless there is some extra delays in timing, like the sear release on the sandy taking 10ms and being non adjustable, then the frames should all shoot the same speed, which is mechanically tunable and can be figured out. If a cocker does 15bps, then switching frames shouldn't make a gun faster.

So tuning the grip to go faster is really tuning the gun. I have shot several cockers that can go 18+. And the Eclipse cocker makes for a fairly fast gun. I set one up with a Raceframe that would shoot paint at 18.5bps, and cycle at 20+. But on your gun, the different grips shouldn't run any faster.

And you truly have no real idea how fast 16bps unless the gun is on F/A. It is really fun to watch some kid who is all saying "....yeah I pull 16bps" then to go and show them what 16bps really is. That just blows them away- they go- "I have never heard a gun shoot so fast!"

Josh

sneakyhacker420
10-28-2002, 10:59 PM
believe it or not... they make racegrips that will do 25bps without chopping.. i'll try to find the ling to the video for you to see

FordPrefect
11-02-2002, 08:43 PM
Can it do 25 bps without shootdown?

sneakyhacker420
11-03-2002, 02:01 PM
probably not, but i know it does have the ACE, and now the guy that has the gun is actually selling it