PDA

View Full Version : Velocity Adjuster nut on back of reg worth it?

dcmander
09-11-2002, 07:46 PM
I've seen people that have these... I want to know if they are worth it? Does AGD make them? Who makes them and where can you get them and how much are they?

I mean, even after you turn it to adjust the velocity, you setill have to lock it down w/ an allin wrench and to adjust velocity on a mag w/o a velocity adjuster nut you can just use a allin wrench to adjust the velocity in the back of the reg right?

So why do people like these so much? Just seems like its another thing to lose and isn't worth it.

Why do lots of people have them and ARE THEY WORTH IT?

lala
09-11-2002, 08:08 PM
Not worth it(mees thinks):)

xmetal2001
09-11-2002, 09:18 PM
Not worth it, except you can lock them down and you need something like that in a tourney.

dcmander
09-11-2002, 09:24 PM
Which one is the best to get incase you play in a tourney?

xmetal2001
09-11-2002, 10:01 PM
Any one will work. There are 2 types: the kind that is just a ring that screw on and you tighten down(cheaper) and the thumb velocity adjuster type. Its just personal preference.

dcmander
09-11-2002, 10:08 PM
But my micromag is still tourney legal because you have to use a hex wrench to adjust velocity right?

it just has a hole in the back of the reg where a hex wrench goes, im assuming this is how you change velocity (well..i know that ;) ) and so i assume that since you cant carry any tool son the field my gun is tourney legal.

Am i correct on this? Or do you HAVE to have a thumb velocity adjuster, etc.

BlackVCG
09-11-2002, 11:12 PM
Here's the deal. With the AIR valve, some people were able to degas the gun and use their hand to tighten the velocity nut on the field and then gas up the gun and they were shooting at a higher velocity. You need some type of lock ring for the AIR valve. I just use a Flatline lock nut, but the only downside to that is having to carry a cresent wrench to the chrono station.

With the RT valve, you don't need any kind of lock down device because the adjuster is smooth on the outside so you can't turn it with your hand on the field.

I do not recommend any of the thumb adjusters. They just cause problems and some of them don't even fit.

dcmander
09-11-2002, 11:18 PM
Thank you very much, that's just what i was looking for.

I have a ReTro valve, so its all good! :)

angelKiller16
09-12-2002, 11:31 AM
the thumb adjusters work fine. I have one and i have never had a problem with it. It is a convience thing because when you play rec you realy don't have to tighten it down, and the thumb adjuster maked it quicker to get the velocity that you want. I like them.

hostage
09-12-2002, 05:27 PM
sigh, i have one and it doesn't even have the right threads...tis tis tis...
-Hostage