PDA

View Full Version : Why does everyone hate 3rd party electronic grips?

hostage
09-12-2002, 03:59 PM
I always wondered that. I have a boo-yaah and it works great. Though I put it on my reto mag and had some issues, I will try it on the retro w/ the boo-yaah on/off valve and see what happens. Though everyone seems to like the hypder frame, what does that have that the booyaah doesn't or can't. Also can a hyper work with a retro valve well? Anyway I like the reactive trigger on the retro, even if the booyaah can work on it, i still might stick with a mechanical gun, due to the lightness.
-Hostage

rjvemt1
09-12-2002, 06:41 PM
hey hostage hows it goin? the boo-yaah had some problems becuase the manufacturer went out of business. however, mako took-over on the warranty claims and from what i have seen they have been doing an out standing job! the hf is more popular because it is a little more sturddily(sp) built and centerflags rep. is spotless. and its cust. relations dept. is very proffessional(spawned from agd, ive heard).

Troy
09-12-2002, 07:23 PM
Booyahs are copies of the proto type centerflag triggers(according to Centerflag).

I have shot the Centerflag trigger (played on the factory team) at 1 tournament and will never use it again.
It stopped shooting for no reason. The tech took the saftey out and said it will work fine but I'll never know because I won't use it again.

The Emag to me is much higher quality and even if something does go wrong with the electronics (which it never has) it can be switched to manual mode.

Hope you don't have the bad experience that I had with the 3rd party trigger.

Good luck

56kSomeGuy
09-12-2002, 07:40 PM
I have used both the hyper and the boo-yaah. They are about the same on the inside (solnoid, board, ect..) But the hyper is a little better in the quality. Differences are that the hyper only has burst, semi, and hyper. While boo-yaah has full auto, burst, hyper, and semi. My boo-yaah works really good after I got a new on/off assembly(the one that came with it leaked). The best part about the hyper is that they have good customer service and will make your marker work while mako/boo-yaah is kinda bad at customer service(really bad when boo-yaah was still in business i called them a bunch of times to try to get a new on/off assembly but no one would pick up! so I bought a center flag on/off assembly and everything works fine now)

Bulldog
09-12-2002, 07:49 PM
Just seems wrong. The mag is so well made, and then to put something like that on there just irks some people I guess. If I wanted an electro, I'd buy something purposely built as an electro. But some people love em. Whatever works!:)

magman007
09-12-2002, 08:03 PM
yes, boo yah's are like kingman, cheeply made, gets the job done, but does it in a crappy manner. the hypers are a much better deal