PDA

View Full Version : Megameet Planning Crew **Help Wanted**

FooTemps
09-12-2002, 07:35 PM
Ok, being the visionary who came up with the idea and a rep of the Megameet Planning Crew, we are looking for new members of the crew that will help us organize this event. Post here and tell me about how you can help. PLEASE, ONLY SERIOUS POSTS HERE. WE ARE SHORT ON PEOPLE.

BTW: ZVANUT! SIGN ON NOW! WE HAD TO POSTPONE OUR MEETING BECAUSE OF YOU!!!

RetroEclipseMan
09-12-2002, 07:48 PM
Hey Foo Temps, you live in the Seattle Area right? Where is this megameet taking place? If it's going to be held in Washington I may be able to help out a bit.PM me or something.

FooTemps
09-12-2002, 07:56 PM
OK, some essential info for all of you:

1. It's gonna be at a field near the AGD headquarters.
2. We don't need it to be a big production yet but it will eventually turn into one I hope.
3. Hookups for food and lodging will be gladly taken as help.

hubadlatimmy
09-12-2002, 10:37 PM
I will help any way that I can within my area (30 min from chi town). If you need anything from any fields at all or anything just throw it out and I'll be more than glad to find out for you.

FooTemps
09-12-2002, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by hubadlatimmy
I will help any way that I can within my area (30 min from chi town). If you need anything from any fields at all or anything just throw it out and I'll be more than glad to find out for you.

sent a pm

ShooterJM
09-13-2002, 08:47 AM
Count me in, I'm up for helping in anyway possible. :D

FooTemps
09-13-2002, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by ShooterJM
Count me in, I'm up for helping in anyway possible. :D

shootin a pm to ya right about... now

yeahthatsme
09-13-2002, 10:07 PM
i can do computer stuff. i can find restraunts catturers(sp?) and fields if they have sites. i need to know where you need it to be( as specific as possible) and i will do my best.

Xen
09-13-2002, 11:06 PM
I live 40 mins from AGD and have been to every field in the northern illinois area. I can give lists of places to eat and places to stay by the fields, anything you need .. just ask

WhyIsItUpsideDown?
09-13-2002, 11:49 PM
When are you shooting for the mega meet?

FooTemps
09-14-2002, 12:03 AM
megameet is late summer if i remember correctly. Our crew still needs to talk to tom about it a little more.

Kevmaster
09-14-2002, 07:11 AM
Foo, id be happy to t help. Im a field manager, so if you need a reletively insightful opinion on how to run something, ask, not to mention im tight with sales reps from 4-5 companies,a nd have dealerships with most all :)

Slapp
09-14-2002, 12:50 PM
Hey Foo,

Let's all hook up at Challenge Park near Joliet! I hear they have great paint and air fills!

LOL

CoFFeY[NiTrO]
09-14-2002, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by FooTemps

3. Hookups for food and lodging will be gladly taken as help.

How about if we nicely ask Tom, maybe he would let us all crash at the factory! (j/p)

I'll try to see if I can find something I could contribute. I think its a great idea though.

FooTemps
09-14-2002, 04:15 PM
Everybody that I have pmed... PLEASE RESPOND OR I WILL NOT PUT YOU ON MY CREW LIST.

nippinout
09-14-2002, 04:27 PM
AO Megameet. I like the name already! :)

I'm just going to throw out a bunch of ideas.

I am from Illinois, but I'm busy at school here in Minnesota.

This is planned for the end of summer 2003? If my woman is still working for Marriot, I can get a hotel room for near $30, so some folks could crash me then.

I usually play at Operation Paintball. It's a fun field. It isn't as Hollywood as CPX though. The field I would recommend would be Fox River Paintball.

Fox River has been used for various scenario games. I'm not sure which scenario events exactly, but I believe Wayne Dollack or Viper have used Fox River. Not to mention that Fox River has one of the largest stores in Illinois.

I know that Tom has used Country Club Paintball. The size may be limited though. Last I checked, they had 2 arena fields.

Woodfield mall is just a short drive down Route 53 from AGD. The mall is HUGE! It is smaller than the Mall of America, but Woodfield Mall has more retail space.

Across the street from Woodfield is another mall dealy. It isn't really a mall, but a bunch of shops and specialty stores. It's called the Streets of Woodfield. They have a stadium seating theater and an arcade called Game Works which is a joing venture between Sega and Dreamworks. You have to be 21 after 9pm though. You can drink beer while playing games. :)

Six Flags Great America is about 45 minutes away from AO HQ near the Illinois-Wisconsin border.

There are 2 large airports in the Chicago area. O'Hare and Midway. When I look for airfare and car rentals, I check prices for both airports. (I travel from MN back to IL for Thanksgiving and Christmas. Instead of flying, I have found it cheaper to rent a car and split the cost with a friend.)

I'm guessing that this will be a multi-day ordeal?

I know that we will be having a big meet at a field. Most likely some factory time. A tech class? What if we made a big AO trek to somewhere fun?

Riotz
09-14-2002, 04:34 PM
Footemps, who is "WE"? Who are you organizing this with?

JonAGD and I have already discussed something like this already and are working on it.

FooTemps
09-14-2002, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by Riotz
Footemps, who is "WE"? Who are you organizing this with?

JonAGD and I have already discussed something like this already and are working on it.

oh really? We is zvanut, veggie(i think), nutz, and me. We've chatted about it with Tom a little.

Vegeta
09-14-2002, 09:57 PM
FooTemps what the hell?

shouldn't we have called a meeting with Tom before startign another one of these threads?

I am and haev been in charge of the PR stuff since we started on this project. Why wasn't I notified?

Vegeta
09-14-2002, 10:02 PM
Also, Weeby has already setup a portion on www.automags.org for the MegaMeet. I have had the web end of it ready for 3 months already. I have connectivity to the site and have accessability to start the MegaMeet section pending Tom's approval of a launch.

FooTemps I do not think that Tom wanted a load of people in on planning and development before things got confirmed. That's like having 20 people try to screw in a signle light bulb at once.

FooTemps
09-14-2002, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by Vegeta
FooTemps what the hell?

shouldn't we have called a meeting with Tom before startign another one of these threads?

I am and haev been in charge of the PR stuff since we started on this project. Why wasn't I notified?

We were supposed to have a meeting but I forgot to contact you. Then zvanut didn't show, and you weren't contacted so I call the meeting off but still posted the thread.

FooTemps
09-14-2002, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by Vegeta
Also, Weeby has already setup a portion on www.automags.org for the MegaMeet. I have had the web end of it ready for 3 months already. I have connectivity to the site and have accessability to start the MegaMeet section pending Tom's approval of a launch.

FooTemps I do not think that Tom wanted a load of people in on planning and development before things got confirmed. That's like having 20 people try to screw in a signle light bulb at once.

There aren't a load of people doing it... I'm trying to filter through people to pick up probably one or two people since rick dropped off the face of AO.