PDA

View Full Version : Palmer Stablizer or Vertical Max Flow?

darklord
09-12-2002, 08:39 PM
My question is, in comparison, which regulator (Stablizer or Vert. Max flow) works better with compressed air? Which works better with co2? I've heard both are good regs for either, but I might have to switch between n2 and co2 for a little bit, and I want to get the most bang for my buck. Thoughts?

xmetal2001
09-12-2002, 10:09 PM
I've always heard good things about stabilizers for CO2, and I have always heard good things about maxflows on Nitrogen. No firsthand experience though.

Koosh
09-12-2002, 10:40 PM
What gun is it going on? I know if you use an electro like the impy or such that you shouldn't switch HPA/CO2 real fast... it is REALLY bad for the solenoid in the gun...

For your question, I have used a Stab on CO2, and a Max-flow on both... unfortunatley not on the same gun, so it will be hard to make comparisons...

On my Impulse, I BARELY noticed a difference going from CO2 to nitrogen on my Impy (after waiting a day or two), and when I used the Stab on my Old Tippy model 98, it made it shoot like the high-dollar guns.

So I guess what I am saying is that you can't go wrong with either, but the Stabilizer is cheaper and smaller, so if that makes a difference, I would go for the stab.

mykroft
09-13-2002, 09:45 AM
Well, performance-wise they're about identical, both are excellent on CO2 and equally good on HPA. The Max-Flo is easier to adjust, but the Stabilizer is much cheaper ($90 vs. $150), so the stab is a better bang for your buck.

darklord
09-13-2002, 01:10 PM
Thanks guys, I think I'll go with the cheaper stablizer then, if it performs on par with the vert max flow. Thanks!