PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Site: How Paintball Works

confedman75
09-12-2002, 11:03 PM
how paintball works (http://www.howstuffworks.com/paintball.htm) very intersting
(edit) in the link section they have a site to airgun.com(edit)

confedman75
09-13-2002, 09:10 AM
did any one go to it?

Cristobal
09-13-2002, 12:10 PM
Yep! One of the better introductions/explanations of paintball and how it works that I've read... much better than that recent article (*cough* WORR advertisement *cough*) in Popular Mechanics. Thanks for the link. What I want to know though, is what sort of gun uses an electric motor to recock itself?

Quote: "Automatic guns use the compressed air, or in some cases an electric motor, to continually recock and fire the gun as long as the trigger is held down. To find out more about these sorts of guns, check out this site."

TheTramp
09-13-2002, 12:11 PM
I thought it was well done.

ShooterJM
09-13-2002, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by Cristobal
What I want to know though, is what sort of gun uses an electric motor to recock itself?

Quote: "Automatic guns use the compressed air, or in some cases an electric motor, to continually recock and fire the gun as long as the trigger is held down. To find out more about these sorts of guns, check out this site."

Dual solenoid markers maybe? Or airsoft.

personman
09-13-2002, 04:01 PM
I had an old airsoft gun that was electric, ran on AA batteries, pretty much a cheap-o gun, cost like 30 bux.. well it broke within the first week, the motor got screwed up, so it diddnt work anymore.. so I dont think an electric motor would work well. :) But yeah, there are no electric motor markers, all of the guns are run on compressed air, they might need to rewrite that part..

ShooterJM
09-13-2002, 04:12 PM
Well it says "to continually recock and fire the gun as long as the trigger is held down". This doesn't mean the electric motor is used as a propulsion source, just to actuate the firing mechanism (ie trip the sear) and then recock the mechanism. Basically it could be describing any electro on full auto.

personman
09-13-2002, 04:16 PM
This is true, but what I was trying to say, is someone who is actually LEARNING about paintball from that, might misake that for saying that paintball guns can run full auto without any air source :)

Swanky_Sam
09-13-2002, 04:52 PM
what gund are these I have never seen any of them. Did they just want to pick weard guns. how about the one with two barrels what is up with that?

personman
09-13-2002, 04:56 PM
threee of those are palmer guns, I dont know what the other one is http://www.palmer-pursuit.com

folder504
09-13-2002, 05:55 PM
Those are all palmer's guns. The one on the upper right is Camille, the first working gravity fed semi auto, built by Glenn Palmer.

paintbattler
09-13-2002, 06:16 PM
they wanted a lot of different styles of guns to put ppl liking paintball...you know when u go to sum1 in school and say 'i played paintball today with my new automag' and they are like 'yea me too..i got an automatic paintball gun too' and im like 'your an idiot' and i try to explain but they never understand