PDA

View Full Version : AO VA DAY: Preliminary Poll: Location

LawFox32
09-13-2002, 06:15 PM
Greetings:

Well I think it is about time to have another AO VA day, and I have been thinking about a location and it is my belief that Splatzone in Hopewell Virginia, is one of the best fields around. so Virginians Cast your VOTE,

thanx,
Lawrence "LawFox" Heisler

PS: if you wanna check out the field go to Splatzone (http://www.splatbrotherspaintball.com)

they have pics of the feild as well as prices and such

Python14
09-13-2002, 07:05 PM
Few questions, first...When? Better be next spring(March or April) because of AOSC this fall.

Second, Why not over here in SWVA? Theres always painted forrest, great place to play. Think about it.

LawFox32
09-13-2002, 07:13 PM
pyth, there really isn't a set date, this is kinda just throwing around ideas, yeah maybe next spring, I am all for april, cuz then I have poo-loads of money, but thanx for the reply

Python14
09-13-2002, 07:39 PM
Yea, I mean I'd be more than happy to drive out to hopewell, but SWVA never gets much attention from the paintball community, and we could certainly use the publicity.

marley618
09-13-2002, 08:21 PM
I think it should be in southern va, there are a lot of people on here from the "hampton roads" area. I think action town would be a good field to have it at. Check out their website at www.actiontownsports.com. Its weird how much those 2 websites are alike.

The field in yorktown, va. It's south of williamsburg if that helps any. It would be cool to have an AO day that I can go to.

1stdeadeye
09-13-2002, 08:30 PM
Where is Hopewell, VA? Is it in Northern VA.
I am originally from Bethesda and would love to come home to attend an AO day!!

LawFox32
09-13-2002, 08:49 PM
no its not in NoVa, its about 40mi from Richmond, we would love to have you come down, that would be cool

KamikazeChiKenz
09-13-2002, 10:12 PM
I'm in Chesapeake and will go anywhere but it would be nice not to have to drive so far.

thecavemankevin
09-13-2002, 10:52 PM
I think spalt bro's would be a great place to hold it. The owners are really cool and they have great wooded and ok speedball fields.

check them out at www.splatbrotherspaintball.com

you all can join me and Lawfox in their forums and i think he and i will be there for their Salvation Army charity day on the 28?

Action Town is ok, but they only have the two fields, and that airball field is just to dang small to keep playing over and over all day. Don't get me wrong, it is still fun, but i just get board real quick.

PS> lets leave Paintball Authority out of this one!

thecavemankevin
09-13-2002, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by Python14

Second, Why not over here in SWVA? Theres always painted forrest, great place to play. Think about it.

because, all roads lead to central VA ;)

Collegeboy
09-14-2002, 12:25 AM
I will ahve to check it out. My grandfather lives in Petersburg (I think like 10 mintues from hopewell.) We are suppose to go visit him during that time. So if the dates workd out I might be able to go play.(March and April)

LawFox32
09-14-2002, 07:15 AM
hey cave, so your gonna be there on the Charity Ball day? thats gonna be really cool man, SplatBros is a great field and it would be awesome to hold an AO day there, like kev said, the management is really nice, and I am sure they would let us hold it there, I believe now they have a nice permanent tent/structure for cover and stuff. plus ravine speedball is soo intense

FeelTheRT
09-14-2002, 10:00 AM
guys, what about Pevs AG? I bet most of you havn't played there yet. I garentee you, best field you've ever play at on the east coast. It's supposed to be the SC Village/ Disney Land of Paintbll on the east coast. Once all the fields are up that is :p

3 10-man Hyperball fields with full nettnig
1 10-man ultimate air field with full netting
12 other playing fields including The Compound where a steam runs across the field.
Fullly air conditioned on site pro shop, indoor registration area, and parents lounge.

LawFox32
09-14-2002, 10:05 AM
where is it located, I know the general area, but gimme a better idea

1stdeadeye
09-14-2002, 10:39 AM
Isn't that in Woodbridge?

marley618
09-14-2002, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by thecavemankevin
Action Town is ok, but they only have the two fields, and that airball field is just to dang small to keep playing over and over all day. Don't get me wrong, it is still fun, but i just get board real quick.

Action Town got a new sup air field a couple weeks ago, it's a lot better than the old one. I think they are building a hyperball field too, but I have no clue when it will be open.

thecavemankevin
09-14-2002, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by LawFox32
hey cave, so your gonna be there on the Charity Ball day?

I might, don't know yet but i would like to

Originally posted by LawFox32
I believe now they have a nice permanent tent/structure for cover and stuff. plus ravine speedball is soo intense

thecavemankevin
09-14-2002, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by FeelTheRT
guys, what about Pevs AG? I bet most of you havn't played there yet. I garentee you, best field you've ever play at on the east coast. It's supposed to be the SC Village/ Disney Land of Paintbll on the east coast. Once all the fields are up that is :p

isn't it also like 20 minuteds north of DC?

Personally the old location was a bit far, almost 2 hours, but i know their new location is farther. If you guys want it there, go for it but i doubt i will be there.

thecavemankevin
09-14-2002, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by marley618

Action Town got a new sup air field a couple weeks ago, it's a lot better than the old one. I think they are building a hyperball field too, but I have no clue when it will be open.

well, then it might not be a half bad idea if they have hyperball by then...still don't care for their prices though.

FeelTheRT
09-15-2002, 11:41 AM
no its not north of DC, its still in VA: Leesburg VA. Its like... South West of DC i think. Its worth the drive.

As you can see in th pic below of me playing, the fields aren't completely doing yet but see the wooden posts? Those are for the nettings. Its going to haev 3 10-man hyperball fields with full netting. Its beast, gotta atleast try the field.

cphilip
09-15-2002, 01:26 PM
You guys realy should talk to Rob Hoover. He works for Pevs. He is one of the site Amins here. You know him as RobAGD. I am pretty certain he can help out with this.

thecavemankevin
09-18-2002, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by cphilip
You guys realy should talk to Rob Hoover. He works for Pevs. He is one of the site Amins here. You know him as RobAGD. I am pretty certain he can help out with this.

thanx phil, i think most of us know that and i know RT know's him. I have met him a couple times at the old pev's field on AO days.

Well i guess we can just leave it up to debate for now. I know the new pev's field will be nice, but i doubt i will want to drive that far.

Major Ho
09-18-2002, 06:34 PM
Ho crawls outta the woodwork and squints from all the bright lights. Wats up everybody...Pevs AG is still south of D.C. but of west more in comparison to the old field. Still a trek for yall down in hampton nd richmond. Ill be goin to pevs Big Game on the 29th to judge the new field for myself. Still not too late for yall to consider. Estimated at 400+ ppl goin. Oh yeah "Black Hawk Down" scenario...moo hooo ha ha ha...If yall hold it at BCBG, it would prolly be the only way id consider goin. Anywhere else is a huge trek. vice versa if you consider doin it up here in No. Va.
Ill try to keep up with yall's progress but if i dont, come slap me upside the head.

thecavemankevin
09-19-2002, 05:32 PM
BCBG might work, but the field isn't that great yet. But perhaps by spring they will have finally expanded....guess we will have to wait and see.