PDA

View Full Version : never seen this gun, very odd

EsPo
09-13-2002, 07:07 PM
http://www.actionvillage.com/paintball-guns-epic-paintball-guns.html
i got this in my avi newsletter, read the description, its so wierd. i thought it looked alot like a mag.

Gitaroo Man
09-13-2002, 07:09 PM
i've heard bout it

dansim
09-13-2002, 07:10 PM
thats just an epic...its got no bolt you know

EsPo
09-13-2002, 07:11 PM
that is very cool, i read that in the description. has epic been around a long time, i never heard of them.

Kevmaster
09-13-2002, 07:11 PM
link dont work here in Ham, NC

EsPo
09-13-2002, 07:18 PM
directions to get to cool gun for residents from ham NC. go to www.paintballgear.com then click on guns, scroll down almost to the bottom. click on epic guns. you are now looking at a very odd gun with no bolt./

TransMan
09-13-2002, 08:14 PM
There pretty cool they have their on site i would put up a link but im not on my comp but from what ive heard the only prob with them is being a bit over priced.

potti
09-13-2002, 08:17 PM
from what i've heard, the idea is pretty good, but the gun isn't worth the money. the trap door limits the rate of fire greatly, and by that i mean limits to like 8bps, from what i've read. the hole idea of the trap door is to eliminate chopping and breaking, which can be done with other techniques such as the level 10 mod for the mag.

Ov3rmind
09-13-2002, 08:40 PM
It also sucks down gas faster than a Shocker and is not available in vertical feed. Neat idea, but in no way worth $750.

Spray Painter
09-13-2002, 08:43 PM
it's a cool idea but way to overpriced

EsPo
09-13-2002, 08:57 PM
i was just about to say that overmind, it doesnt have the help of a bolt to push the ball out, so it must use gas like crazy. its definetely over priced, for like 100 more bucks you can get an emag from xtreme.

AngelBoy
09-14-2002, 02:29 PM
I could go on forever about these guns. I really wish I had one, but I'm not allowed to buy anymore paintball guns or even sell mine to buy a new one. These things are so durable, and even more so if u get a bead-blasted anno. They are really simple, and has almost no maintanance. The ROF is pretty low, but if you look at the people that go into tournaments with pumps and do pretty good, then why cant u use 8bps?

You can't chop a ball, you really cant short stroke it, you can use any gas and it still works good, you will have an original gun, etc... When I met the guy who makes em (John Reible or somethin) he said that they were thinking of coming out with an electro version and vert feed later I think. If they got the ROF then it would be simply incredible.

I'm kinda a walking billboard for this gun. But yes, it is overpriced.

magman007
09-14-2002, 02:37 PM
Heh angel boy in in the same boat you are, no new markers, or selling the one i own for 2 years!

They are pretty nice. Their limited to 9bps. The olny really sad parts are the inability to use a good drop configuration (you gotta do a bunch o stuff to make it work) they arent vert feed, they arnt as fast, and they are expensive.

I wouls still buy one tho, there really cool, quite ingenious, and very unique. there deffinitely a head turner. If they just changed the grip around, nade a few effeciency changes, and a few other things, you would be set! It would be nice if we could get mr reible ove onto these boards, his insite would be appreciated

company linkhttp://www.icepaintball.com/

AngelBoy
09-14-2002, 08:28 PM
Actually the drop thing isnt that hard.

First just get the drop/tank/reg/whatever you want to put on it. Then just put it all on there like you normally would.

Then get a bottomline adapter hose thingy like the one that you would put on a minimag. For those of u who dont know what im talking about... Its just a regular steel braided hose at one end, and then at the other end it has threads like a tank would.

Real simple, real easy.

FutureMagOwner
09-15-2002, 07:16 AM
wasnt there another gun with a design similar to that? something like an alien

anyway who cares if its only 9 bps or whatever

EsPo
09-15-2002, 11:19 AM
i cant even shoot 9 bps