PDA

View Full Version : Seattle AO Mini-Meet on Sept. 28th!!!!!

RetroEclipseMan
09-14-2002, 01:15 PM
There is going to an AO meet on September 28th at Splat-Attack. It's not going to be anything big but it'll give all the AO members of washington a chance to meet. We are just planning on playing walkons. So far JoeyJoe and FooTemps are in. Just post and let us know if you wanna meet up. Games start at 10:00 so plan on being there around 9 or 9:30 am.

Here's a link to the website that has directions and all the info.www.splatattackonline.com

Hope to see you guys there!!!!!

edit:
Here's a list of who all is going and hopefully it will grow
-RetroEclipseMan+2
-Joeyjoe367
-Foo Temps
-BlazeStorm
-shineymag(possibley)
-Aranarth(possibley)

P.S. Bring friends to, even if they don't belong to AO

joeyjoe367
09-14-2002, 01:17 PM
Yeah, it'll be a good time, and Hopefully I can snag my dad's digital camera for pictures!

if you can make it, GO!

Entry is $15 which includes all day compressed air (4500 psi!!!) and all the co2 you can shoot.

if you or someone you're bringing has to rent a gun, it's $25 (entry, air, mask, etc... uncluded) for a pirhanna.

Paint is $55/case for midnight or RPS Big Ball. It's also BYOP, so go ahead and order online soon, so you'll have it ready.

FooTemps
09-14-2002, 04:18 PM
Hey joe, I can bring my digi camera if you can't bring yours. Someone please bring an extra nitro tank!

joeyjoe367
09-15-2002, 12:39 AM
Foo, I may or may not have one ready for you. but I think you know that.

FooTemps
09-15-2002, 12:44 AM
Originally posted by joeyjoe367
Foo, I may or may not have one ready for you. but I think you know that.

I'm frantically running around AO looking for a cheap flatline... lol

Blazestorm
09-15-2002, 03:54 AM
If you guys want me to, I might go.. need a new mask though... any of you gots a spare... or am I gonna have to buy one...

D:

and footemps, if you wanna trade for mine or buy it, I'll prolly be there

joeyjoe367
09-15-2002, 03:59 AM
no! that tank is MINE! I'm commin' by on Monday to pick it up, remember?

Blazestorm
09-15-2002, 04:04 AM
Be quiet!

:)

Footemps, he'll have it :)

joeyjoe367
09-15-2002, 04:25 PM
Oh, maybe everyone who's going should post a pic of themselves, or at least a good description, so that we know who we're looking for once we're there?

me <--- Skinny Asian guy with warp fed RT Pro or Mini-Mag I usually wear camo cargo pants, and a navy long-sleeve shirt. Dye invisions too.

*edit* Foo, I can probably get you a ride. Another friend of mine (shoots a mag too), is most likely comming, and he's in the Kenmore area, so i probably could come by to get both of you.

FooTemps
09-15-2002, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by joeyjoe367
Oh, maybe everyone who's going should post a pic of themselves, or at least a good description, so that we know who we're looking for once we're there?

me <--- Skinny Asian guy with warp fed RT Pro or Mini-Mag I usually wear camo cargo pants, and a navy long-sleeve shirt. Dye invisions too.

*edit* Foo, I can probably get you a ride. Another friend of mine (shoots a mag too), is most likely comming, and he's in the Kenmore area, so i probably could come by to get both of you.

yay!

me <--- Short Asian guy with classic plus a vforce shield I usually wear old cargo pants, and a random long sleeve shirt or a chokobo t-shirt. I usually have spiked hair too.

Blazestorm
09-15-2002, 06:20 PM
me - 5'8" white 13 year old shooting my perdy emag. usually wear some old camo pants and a random nike t-shirt. I'm buying Joeyjoe's mask... but yah...

I might not be able to come.

RetroEclipseMan
09-15-2002, 08:07 PM
I'm 5'9". I'll be wearing Dye Core Pants, Green JT Jersey, Blue+Black Flex 7, and shooting my retro mag with polished powerfeed body and blue splash eclipse kit.I'll be driving a white VW GTi as well. Hope to see you guys out there and hope for sunshine or at least overcast skys!!!!

FooTemps
09-15-2002, 08:17 PM
Why the heck am I the underfunded AO member!?!??!?! AHHH!!!

Riotz
09-16-2002, 02:09 AM
This should be added to the official listings. :)

done.

RetroEclipseMan
09-16-2002, 02:02 PM
Thanks Riotz. I didn't even think about that.

Blazestorm
09-16-2002, 04:48 PM
Tis official... I be going!

I just met up with Joe today and we traded tanks, chatted a bit... I bought his old flex 7, and we just had a good time. Just talked with my parents, they said I can go :)

Aranarth
09-16-2002, 10:46 PM
Depending on work schedule, I may make it. I think I have the day off, but it is a heavy maintenance period, so maybe not. As to bringing people. . . well, they are in the same situation as I. But if you see somebody wander in with a z-gripped rt, that'll be me. :)
-AranarthX

joeyjoe367
09-16-2002, 11:28 PM
Sweet, looks like we got at least 4 people and then some.

Anyone wanna order and split a case of paint with me? catch me on AIM or something. Check out my profile.

joeyjoe367
09-17-2002, 11:18 AM
Oh, I forgot to mention,

Domino's pizza is delivered directly to the field for lunch.

Medium Pizza + 3 Toppings = $10
Cans of Soda are usually .50 or so.

RetroEclipseMan
09-17-2002, 01:11 PM
I forgot to mention that when i was there last weekend the 4500psi fill station was still down as it was the last few weekends and it doesn't look like they're really concentraiting on getting it fixed anytime soon so I wouldn't count on getting 4500psi fills but it doesn't matter since air is included in the field fee.

RetroEclipseMan
09-19-2002, 12:45 PM
There has to be more people in washington that wanna come out and play.

FooTemps
09-19-2002, 07:31 PM
Do any of you guys have a digital camcorder you can bring to record some clips? I need some paintball clips for homework... (to be more specific, it needs to be about ME and I need clips of ME playing paintball so I put it into my "Me" video)

Jacko
09-20-2002, 01:14 AM
How many fields does Splat Attack have?

I'm an AO newb and I'd love to stop by and say hi but I'm on a budget for the next month or so. Yes there are more underfunded AOers on here.

RetroEclipseMan
09-20-2002, 01:33 AM
Splat Attack has 3 main fields and also a speedball field. The fields are set up pretty well even with a fort on the bigger fields. If you haven't been there then I encourage you to come out and play. One of the best things about this place is that the staff is not only friendly and fair but very helpful if a problem should arise.

About the digital camera I don't have a camcorder but just a regualar camera that i can borrow if i can find the charger for it. At least we would be able to get pics up here.

Blazestorm
09-20-2002, 04:46 PM
I challenged PBreview to a game

http://www.pbreview.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=88404

should be fun :)

RetroEclipseMan
09-20-2002, 04:59 PM
Cool. If we can pick up one more person we can play some 5 on 5 speedball and rip them up.

Spyder2005
09-20-2002, 05:07 PM
well i would go, but i dont have any money for paint for fees, so im out :( . wish i could tho, sounds like it would be fun.

BenD
09-20-2002, 07:13 PM
Why is this being held at Splat Attack???

We should hold it at Splat Em'

joeyjoe367
09-20-2002, 08:28 PM
Sounds Great! I'm all up for an AO-Whup up on Pbreview :)

I just got my RT Pro today, and she's all Warped and lvl 10'ed up. Ready to Kick *** and chew some bubble gum :D

I think the main reason that we picked splat-attack, is because the three that started this thread (Me, Foo, and Retroeclipseman) play there regularly, and really like the way the field is run.

Perhaps the next AO meet will be at Splat 'em. I've never actually played there, but I'm open minded :)

BenD
09-20-2002, 09:35 PM
ok Joey Joey.... Ive been to Splat Attack a few times, I prefer the staff at splat em though...

FooTemps
09-20-2002, 09:35 PM
NOOO!!! I NEED A DIGITAL CAMCORDER FOR MY VIDEO PRODUCTION CLASS!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOO!

RetroEclipseMan
09-21-2002, 07:59 PM
So is anyone else going for sure besides the four that are already listed?

RetroEclipseMan
09-21-2002, 08:09 PM
I checked the pbreview thread and gotta say that some of those guys better show up and back up all that smack they're talking about mags.

BenD
09-21-2002, 09:08 PM
some of those guys dont like Splat Attack so wont be showing up.....

shinymag
09-21-2002, 10:08 PM
I'm going to try and make it there. I will will bring a few friends, I'll be shooting the chrome + black classic.

RetroEclipseMan
09-23-2002, 12:52 PM
Alright, I am going to add shineymag and Aranarth on as possibles so that we can get a better idea of how many people we are going to have. Everyone should post it or pm me how many people they are bringing cause we might possibly be able to give the store a call and reserve the speedball field but just not as a private group.

shinymag
09-23-2002, 05:42 PM
Sorry my friends have decided to play at our own field. I'll have to miss ya.

FooTemps
09-23-2002, 10:43 PM
um... does anyone have ANY camcorder?

RetroEclipseMan
09-24-2002, 08:24 PM
I'll talk to my friend john and see if he can get one.

Blazestorm
09-26-2002, 11:18 PM
Well I have an order that is coming in... some pads... belt for my pack... pods ... stuff like that (not really needed... but kinda want) that is coming in saturday 10am... so... I can leave when the package comes (I'll just grab it hop in the car and open the box along the way :) ) but I'll be there around 11... games start at 10, so I'll miss an hour and the hour before just talking... but its not that much ;)

joeyjoe367
09-27-2002, 12:30 AM
I'm planning to be there at 9:00 AM Sharp. I'll see if I can get pics of my new RT Pro up, so you'll know what kind of beast to look for :)

2 days away! Caaaaaaaannn you Feeeeeeelll it?

FooTemps
09-27-2002, 05:18 PM
BOO YAH! I GOT A DIGITAL CAMCORDER AND A DIGITAL CAMERA! AO! PREPARE FOR TONS OF MEDIA!!!! lol...

RetroEclipseMan
09-27-2002, 06:09 PM
I'll be there at about 9:30. No reason to really be there any earlier since games don't start till around 10 or 10:15. I'll be parked in the elevated parking area(dirt not gravel)with my white vw GTi so just look for that. I'll keep an eye out for you guys so that we can hopefully all play on the same side.Also from what Joey says they have the 4500psi fill station going so that's a big plus. See you all there.

FooTemps
09-28-2002, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by RetroEclipseMan
I'll be there at about 9:30. No reason to really be there any earlier since games don't start till around 10 or 10:15. I'll be parked in the elevated parking area(dirt not gravel)with my white vw GTi so just look for that. I'll keep an eye out for you guys so that we can hopefully all play on the same side.Also from what Joey says they have the 4500psi fill station going so that's a big plus. See you all there.

Hey guys, could you come earlier if you can, I'll be there around 9:30 too but we probably need to be there early or cut our lunch break in half so I can get some paintball footage!

RetroEclipseMan
09-28-2002, 12:20 AM
Yeah all we really have to do is tape during lunch or if we're lucky they'll let us use the speedball field during one of the regular walk-on games since that field isn't in play during in walk-on sessions.

Blazestorm
09-28-2002, 01:14 AM
Or we could just show the refs the magically lvl 10 and hypnotize them into giving us the speedball course all day. :)

Seeya guys tomorrow! I'll be sure to bring my digicam

Blazestorm
09-28-2002, 09:27 PM
And WEEEEEEEeeEeeeEEeeEeee

Wow!

A Lot of fun, 7 people... 6 mags, 2 cockers and a piranha... mmmm tasty

The super ghetto Footemp mag

Backwards Drop
Backwards Tank
Backwards Revy
Backwards Warp
1.5" Barrel
Standard Feed Chopped off
90* Pro Team Warp adapter

Yes he really did play like that... :)

Blazestorm
09-28-2002, 09:28 PM
JoeyJoe367 Showing some Automags.org pride :D

Blazestorm
09-28-2002, 09:30 PM
And teh meeseh table... :D

JoeyJoe's RT pro in the back of my stand, and the old school revenge that I was using towards the front, some random junk and footemps ghetto mag :)

joeyjoe367
09-28-2002, 09:33 PM
Lol, There's me and my AO-Pride :)

on a side note, OMG! I love my RT PRO! I was RIPPIN' Away with that thing :) once i got all the lvl 10 quirks worked out, that is.

I'm 'still going to dink around with this thing a little bit more tho... some weird issues with it, like when I hold down the trigger, it just goes "psh-psh-psh-psh" and when I pull the trigger really slow, the on/off just locks up.

anyway, overall a pretty good day of paintball :)

RetroEclipseMan
09-28-2002, 09:40 PM
Good Pic man. It was fun today except for the fact that my mag was breaking that marbilizer so bad. Luckily you let me use your emag which was really cool. You gotta love all that scotch tape on my hopper that on that cocker.

Blazestorm
09-28-2002, 09:52 PM
yes... retro borrowed my emag for quite a few games :)

I gotta share the wealth... and I do have a soft-spot for cockers... :)

Dayspring
09-28-2002, 09:56 PM
I kinda like the cocker with the AGD sticker. :D

Blazestorm
09-28-2002, 09:57 PM
yah :cool:

FooTemps
09-28-2002, 10:08 PM
GOSH! YOU JUST HAD TO CATCH ME WHILE I WAS MAKING A FACE!!!

... I just looked @ that pic again... and omg i look like i'm stoned or high...

Blazestorm
09-28-2002, 11:44 PM
I got picture taking skillz ;)

I just got offered to try out for a team as a backman... D:

well... gotta get some sleep

BenD
09-29-2002, 12:05 AM
anyone from Pbreview show up?

iforgot all about this, i would of liked to show up for PBr. :(

but had soccer so couldnt anyways, we tied 2-2 thanks to my header for a goal :D

joeyjoe367
09-29-2002, 12:41 AM
I don't think anyone from PBreview showed :( We didn't get to whup on them :)

Oh yeah, one game (you guys that were there'll remember) we played against a private group, just 7 or so of us AO'ers.

lol, the game took like 3 min, and only because that's how long it took for us to run from one side of the field to the other ;)

they didn't ask to play us again :)

Aranarth
09-29-2002, 01:13 AM
Course they didn't. But they were mostly walk ons, besides the pump and the angel. A good day overall. Not going to post much now, more forthcomming later since I am a bit beat here after alka-hopping tonight. But AGD Seattle seemed to go nicely, and got to extol on the greatness of level 10 and warps and z-grips a bit. More to come later. Bye all.
-Aranarth

Blazestorm
09-29-2002, 01:15 AM
YAh... I missed the last game cause aranarth's zgriped rt decided to run out of air and I got one shot off before the lvl10 started lightly pushing the paint into the barrel... :(

But yes, fun day, emag gave me some velocity troubles... no biggie... I still have that damn soft spot for cockers... mmmm... now I want an oraccle... D:

Footemps, send me the footage... just the raw Imovie footage, wait... those files are like ... er 3-4 gb... ok... just make sure you get my nice shots of joeyjoe ripping it up with that rt pro man :) ... and joeyjoe... get those pictures of me just ripping on your rt... in black and white! :D

Aranarth
09-29-2002, 01:21 AM
Just one thing I gotta add. On later posts will be pics and there is none for this, so will put it now. I am not sure if it is my amazing mag repair skills, or the pure sweetness of classic mags, but we here goes. We had a classic mag today that one guy (I am terrible with names) was shooting. It was hot, and we turned it too low, and it wouldn't recock, and started blowing co2 like crazy. Yep, a mag on co2. Totally froze the valve. You could feel the body and it was probably 20* all along the body, all the way to the feed tube. After thawing it and flushing it with hpa, we rehooked up the co2, reset the velocity to good. Guess what we got with this. . . This thing was a classic mag, macroline to the valve, with a gas through. 279, 280, 280, 280. Beat that for consistancy! Thats better than I can get with my rt! I found it amazing, as did the other guys watching. Who says mags can't run off co2? :)
-Aranarth

Aranarth
09-29-2002, 01:24 AM
Yeah, that did kind of screw you, blaze. First break of the day with it also. :( I was very irked that it did that. Just a reminder to me to always keep feeding that thing over 1k psi to stay on the safe side, and refill before games when its getting low, even at the end of the day. But the cocker did very well on that last abbreviated game that we were playing, at least. Managed to get some use out of those last 50 balls in the hopper. :)
-Aranarth

RetroEclipseMan
09-29-2002, 02:39 AM
Yeah that was my little bros mag that was that consistant.I thought that was a bit odd but cool.All i can say is that shooting that Emag was definately an experience and a life saver.I didn't even realize that hopper of mine was on that cocker, how funny. All in all the day went well and was fun.

Yeah too bad those guys from pbreview didn't show up but oh well.I thought it was funny when we all got asked how long we had all been playing together after we owned that private group. You just gotta laugh.

On a side not for anyone that wasn't there today but lives in the northwest Splatt-Attack will now have sup air in the coming weeks so that will be a big plus.

What team are you trying out for Blazestorm?

Blazestorm
09-29-2002, 09:12 AM
Organized Kaos (Oxy-Moron! :D) Well I leave in about 40 minutes to play... I'm tired as hell, muscles ache, I'm freezing cold, its pouring out here. Oh well, atleast I get to rip it up with my emag.

my emag was being very consistent also, after I stopped adjusting the apoc and the regulator on the gun, it was shooting +2-2 which is pretty damn good for those "Crappy tubes with trigger frames and a block, that break paint all day and have no accuracy" :)

RetroEclipseMan
09-29-2002, 12:03 PM
Cool man. Good Luck.