PDA

View Full Version : What do I need???

MrWallen
09-15-2002, 04:11 PM
I am buying a 68 AutoMag powerfeed, and I just need to know what the parts are that I need to buy to hook it up to HPA are. That's about it.

Also, I've been reading how Mag barrels cost more because they have to have the part in them that holds the ball back. Is this just on barrels for the Classic? Or all mags? Was wondering this because when I look at the prices for Mag barrels vs. other barrels they are the same.

Thx for the help.

Blennidae
09-15-2002, 04:44 PM
Mag barrels are more expensive probably due to the extra machining they need for the breech opening and nubbin groove.

Spray Painter
09-15-2002, 05:12 PM
what brand of HPA is it? is it ajustable? is it screw in?

PyRo
09-15-2002, 08:19 PM
Some places charge more for mag barrelsm others done. As far as HPA goes, you don't need to change anything. Just get air from the tank to the hole in the side of the valve through any meathod you choose, and your set. You can get a screw in which goes the same way as as a Co2 tank would, or an ajustable, which needs a cradel, and has a hose running right to the valve, usually with a pro-connect in the line.

MrWallen
09-15-2002, 11:42 PM
I've got (or will be getting) a Crossfire 88ci 3000psi fixed nitro system. I plan on getting a cradle for it.

So all I need is to get like a macroline hose or something to hook it up?

Schnitzel
09-15-2002, 11:57 PM
affirmative

MrWallen
09-16-2002, 05:29 PM
Ok, thanks for the info.

MrWallen
09-16-2002, 11:45 PM
Do I also need to get an ASA adapter? And what exactly is an ASA adapter :confused: ?

athomas
09-17-2002, 09:27 AM
The ASA adapter is the threaded assembly that the bottle screws into. Most people screw their bottle into a bottom line ASA which is fed to a gas through forgrip and then to the valve.

I would highly recommend that you spend the extra money and buy an on/off type ASA. It makes putting the air bottle on and off your gun a lot easier.

PyRo
09-21-2002, 06:05 AM
Yeah, with the on-off, it is easier to degass your gun.

MrWallen
09-22-2002, 02:43 PM
So, to break this all down, here's what I need to do (I think):

A macroline kit from pbgear.com comes with the hose and three screw in parts, so I take part of the hose and two screw in parts to attach to valve to the foregrip. Then, I use the last but of hose and last screw to get it out the bottom of the grip and attach it directly to the asa adapter.

Is this correct?:confused:

athomas
09-23-2002, 05:58 AM
I'm not sure, but I think a macroline kit only comes with two fittings.

You'll need two 90 degree fittings and a piece of macroline to go from your valve to your front gas through grip.

You'll need two fittings to go from the bottom of the gas through grip to the ASA. The type of fittings (90 degree or straight) you need here are dependent on how your drop forward setup sits in relation to your grip. You should look at other peoples setup to get an idea of what you want and what parts you'll need.

You should should by at least a couple of feet of macroline. That way you'll have spare line left over in case of a failure or leak down the road.

someVWkid
09-29-2002, 02:24 PM
everyone i know that seriously shoots a mag has steel braided hose with a quick disconnect running from the valve to the bottomline ASA. i myself have it running through a foregrip, but with the braided hose and a quick connect you dont have to worry about replacing hose after it wears from removing it to get at the valve (assuming you have a small tight fitting piece of macroline). looks pretty sweet too.