PDA

View Full Version : Used 68

Bensongg
09-15-2002, 05:28 PM
I just picked up a used 68 in great condition. My one problem is that when I shoot it, its like something is sticking, it will spray gas after a shot for a couple seconds before it will kick the trigger back out. Sometimes it won't spray gas OR kick the trigger out. I am running Co2. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
G

PyRo
09-15-2002, 08:20 PM
Sounds like bolt stick. Check to make sure that the bolt spring comes past the face of the bolt. If it does, then it is probably a problem with PT spacers.

Bensongg
09-15-2002, 08:50 PM
Hey Pyro,
The spring is fine, but now when I look at it, the bolt does stick some. Is that the o-ring being too tight?

speedyejl
09-15-2002, 11:06 PM
buy a Power Tube spacer kit. It should fix the bolt stick. I have a complete one for $13 shipped lmk

Bensongg
09-16-2002, 10:04 AM
Just so Im totally sure. Should there be ANY traveling resistance at all between the bolt and the bumper?

athomas
09-16-2002, 01:51 PM
Bolt stick occurs when the bolt doesn't reset back into the power tube o-ring. If the bolt doesn't go all the way back then the sear assembly can't be pushed back into place by the on/off pin either.

A couple of things can cause bolt stick. If the bolt spring is worn and weak, it doesn't have the force required to fully return the bolt to the fully cocked position against the power tube o-ring. If the power tube spacer is too short causing the power tube o-ring to sit too far forward, the golt will not sit back far enough to allow the sear to catch the bolt either.

Problems are usually associated with a worn bolt spring. The bolt spring should extend almost 1/4" past the nose of the bolt. Since you indicated that the bolt spring is fine then you probably need a longer power tube spacer.

When you push the bolt back against the bumper, you will feel a slight bit of resistance as it pushes into the 0-ring.

Or, possibly your on/off pin is bent or damaged in some way causing the trigger to not reset. You can check this by rolling the pin on a smooth flat surface such as a mirror. It is easy to check. If there is any wobble at all, then replace the pin. I doubt that this is the problem though, and is more likely to be bolt stick as previously indicated.