PDA

View Full Version : problem with my 68/4500 flatline

Load SM5
09-15-2002, 06:49 PM
I set it's output about 950 and everything seemed fine. Then I noticed yetserday at the field it had creeped to around 1100. I had played all day and it was shooting fine so I did'nt mess with it. When I got home and gassed it up the output needle was pegged all the way over to 1200. When I shot a few times the needle would drop all the way to 800 and slowly creep back up to 1200 over the period of 3 seconds or so. I noticed this slow recharge problem at Shatnerball but it seemed to work itself out when Rob glared at it. Now it's back. I did'nt seem to have any shootdown problems but this tank is brand new as of a month ago and should'nt be doing this.

joeyjoe367
09-15-2002, 06:53 PM
To make sure that it's not just the gauge, try swapping it out if you can.

If it's doing the same thing, then it's not the gauge.

sniper1rfa
09-15-2002, 07:46 PM
i doubt it would be the guage, the tubes they use are quite springy and therefore dont fatigue easily. may just be the valve seat either breaking in or breaking... :-)
ill let an agd tech answer it though.

mrhooie
09-15-2002, 08:05 PM
I'd be interested to know - I sold a new one about a month ago and my customer is having the same problem
I hoped the reg would break itse;f in - but tis still this way

BlackVCG suggested
Sounds to me like an on/off o-ring issue if the system settles down after a few shots and maintains constant output.

If it was a reg. seat issue, the system would creep and the pressure would increase gradually until it was fired.

If after a few shots it maintains the same output, I wouldn't worry about it, but if it bothers you, send it in to AGD.

toysallround
09-18-2002, 07:02 AM
Same thing happened to me before Rock Divers Aces's. Mine would drift up and then vent out the holes in the side of the regulator. I replaced the regulator seat 0-ring and the regulator body o-ring and that fixed it. I tried replacing just the body o-ring and that didn't fix it.

See you in the middle

Load SM5
09-18-2002, 07:06 AM
Thanks for the advice....

What team were you on in the ACES?

toysallround
09-18-2002, 08:13 AM
Phantom Regiment, Crankarm.
We met at PBQ when we attempted the AO meet.
I'm Tom, (previously pedalfaster).

Load SM5
09-18-2002, 08:23 AM
Ah yea, hey Tom. Why'd you change your name? Other than to mess around with my head?

I'm waiting on a rebuild kit and I'll crack open the reg.

toysallround
09-18-2002, 08:33 AM
I consolidated. Getting old and couldn't remember what logon went to what. Had a different one for paintball, cycling, sailing and hang-gliding. Simplify!!!

Load SM5
09-18-2002, 08:42 AM
Well there's your real problem! At your age, you should slow down and have fewer hobbies. ;) See you on the field sometime.

cphilip
09-18-2002, 05:08 PM
Load seems there is no kit yet for these. Only the 3K one. But I got you a new Reg seat coming for it. Thats the most likly culprit...

Load SM5
09-18-2002, 06:27 PM
Thanks Phil! I really appreciate it.