PDA

View Full Version : Differences between the Automag RT and RT Pro

CMDane
09-15-2002, 08:00 PM
I'm new to the sport and thinking about buying an Automag, but am confused about the differences between a RT and RT Pro. I know the RT is the newer marker of the two, but not sure what the differences are beyond that. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

On a side note, this is not a question to solicit replies from people selling their markers (I got plenty of that in the Yahoo Paintball group), but for the sake of removing ignorance.

Thanks in advance,
Charles

mrhooie
09-15-2002, 08:15 PM
RT has a gas thru grip and the gas is routed through a 'banjo bolt' in to the RT valve

RT Pro has bodies compatible with the Emag and is just a direct line from ASA to the side of the RT valve

RT PRo has started coming standard with INtelliframe

DaosBeoulve
09-16-2002, 01:55 PM
It's basically what Mr Hooie said. The RT Pros are the newer versions of the gun. They now come with intelliframes and dye stickies, and instead of the old banjo bolt, they have the RT valve.

The Pros are great guns. I have one myself, and I've never been dissapointed with it.

edit---Oh yeah. Welcome to AO :D

joeyjoe367
09-16-2002, 06:25 PM
RT Classics' parts are not interchangable, unlike the RT PRO's

The inner diameter of the RT Classic Bodies (I think) are a bit more narrow, so a standard retro-valve wouldn't fit.

Classic RT's usually have a venom-hardline going from the valve to the gas-thru grip, and then to your air source from there.

Remember, no co2 on ANY retro valves!

PyRo
09-21-2002, 05:58 AM
Originally posted by joeyjoe367
RT Classics' parts are not interchangable, unlike the RT PRO's

The inner diameter of the RT Classic Bodies (I think) are a bit more narrow, so a standard retro-valve wouldn't fit.

Classic RT's usually have a venom-hardline going from the valve to the gas-thru grip, and then to your air source from there.

Remember, no co2 on ANY retro valves!

The grips are interchangeable with a spacer...