PDA

View Full Version : Autococker Reverse Roller P-Block

Angry Man
09-15-2002, 08:12 PM
I want one of these, but I don't think they exist. I'll try my best to get some sketches of what I have in mind. Unfortunately I just reformatted my computer and all I've got now is microsft paint. And it's no adobe photoshop, i'll say that.

Anyway, my idea is a reverse P-block that rides on roller bearings. It would considerably shorten the length of the cocker, and would ride really, really smoothly. Plus, rear block action (the only reason I own a cocker) would be even cooler.

-=|MystryMoisture|=-
09-18-2002, 08:40 PM
thats a badass idea, I think you should become a cocker inventor guy lol...I love all your great idears...keep em coming.

speedyejl
09-22-2002, 10:03 PM
hmmm G3 mills cockers like that, and i dont think they use bearings http://www.g3pb.com/jackal/milling_images/cocker/cocker_9a.jpg

also race gun makes mini blocks, http://www.racegun.dk/popup.asp?URL=Data/SB1.jpg

Conqueror
10-12-2002, 10:20 PM
That wuldn't lower the LPR pressure at all. Think about it. On a normal (non-P-blocked) cocker, the back block doesn't even touch the body. LPR pressure is in no way dictated by the friction with the body, only by the spring constant of the mainspring.

CQ

Styles
11-03-2002, 03:28 PM
Conqueror is right, the only benefit I see is it keeping the block from wearing on the body where it mates to it. Neat idea though.

I was thinking about having a backblock that has 4 pins through it that thread into the body. The block rides on these guide pins for straight movement. That way your pump arm doesn't torque off center as much throwing the block and everything back. But it wouldn't do much for performance, if anything except maybe be a tad smoother. Only problem is getting your backblock off would be a pain.

toymyster
11-10-2002, 03:02 AM
The roller bearing idea is fine for a perfect world, on the field, however, you have dirt, paint and all other kinds of crap that will get into the rollers and make them sieze, defeating their purpose!!! Cute idea though!!!

Angry Man
11-12-2002, 02:43 AM
Yeah, you're right..the roller bearings would get dirty pretty quickly.

Reverse P blocks do tend to get slightly off and there can end up being a good deal of friction since they often do end up touching the body. What I was thinking of was something that would accomplish the same thing as little rails extenting into the body, which would straighten the block out, while reducing friction, because--like it or not--reverse p blocks tend to touch the body....at least I think....and roller bearings have less friction then aluminum rubbing against aluminum.

Ah well, I can see how this wouldn't work but it sure would be kinda cool....thanks for the feedback.

flanders
11-12-2002, 04:28 AM
nice idea...one problem other then dirt..how do u keep them in there, a pin going through the body is not only abother thing to get lost but something that can break as well as more milling, u could have pegs on teh bearing and drop it in but then they will drop out to ez

its a good idea that just isn't gonan happen man may be for a back man on astro turf:D

ezrunner
11-12-2002, 12:56 PM
the aka pblock is cut such that
it does not contact the body
when it is on a bolt.

The trick with pblocks is to
keep them off the body so there
is no friction.

They usually aren't any bigger
than a normal back block so you
don't need the weight resting
or supported any other way.