PDA

View Full Version : This really doesnt belong here but...

magsRus
09-15-2002, 11:29 PM
I'm planning on buying a cocker very soon and was wondering if I should get an Orccale,DYE, or a Black Magic

Wc Keep
09-16-2002, 07:15 AM
i always liked the black magic all around. the dye looks nice but i was never able to rip on it. never held an orracle.

darklord
09-16-2002, 08:14 AM
Why don't you go to a field and try to actually shoot the 3 different 'cockers? My advice would be to see what they're like first hand. IMO DYEs are overpriced.... and I really don't like any of the 'cockers you mentioned, so my advice would be to try before you buy.

Cliffio
09-16-2002, 08:28 AM
what happened to the angel you were gonna buy?

obsolete898
09-16-2002, 09:07 AM
I've got a black magic and a Dye ultra light on my team.

The black magic is one of our back players back up guns. It's a pretty good gun, nothing to do a song and dance about.

My captain shoot the Dye. They are overpirced but I can rip the hell out of that gun. Plus it's lighter than my mag.

Never played with an orracle.

I really like the Dye cockers, even if they are overpriced.:)

magsRus
09-16-2002, 09:32 AM
Cliffo I got to play a few games with an IR3 then I got to play a few games with a DYE and Oraccle I liked the cockers more then the angel. Surpise Surpise

Is the orccale lighter then the DYE..Just the DYE Cocker not the DYE Ultralite cocker

Mossman
09-16-2002, 09:39 AM
I like the look of the dye but the magic is the only one of the 3 i've used. It was nice.

The nicest cocker I've seen first hand was a sweet eclipse. Thing shot duplicates on the chrono, didnt break balls, was quieter than my shocker and I've never seen such a nice flat trajectory! hehe, j/k on that but the dude ripped. He was a force, and he gogged me like 3 times :(

People say the Orracles are great too, I'd say in that price range its between orracle, freeflow, and eclipse from what I've seen. For close to a grand a gun can be pretty (DYE), but it should also perform and thats not what dye cockers are known for.

petefol
09-16-2002, 10:27 AM
i heard the dye breaks alot... not sure if thats true tho. you should also consider a free flow cocker, i hear they are one of the best cockers you can get.

dogEmedic
09-16-2002, 11:11 AM
I say go with the orracle, just got one two weeks ago and I love it. It feels lighter then my mag, the action is very smooth, and all the major timing points are outside the marker. Have not had the chance to chrono it but i'am putting paint on top of each other at 100 feet.

setup
gun metal blue (purple) orracle 767 all stock
crossfire 68ci 4.5k high press.
revy and 14 inch AA freak.

very easy on the arms after a long day.

dtm
09-16-2002, 03:58 PM
a friend i know has a black magic and i wouldnt get a cocker unless it was that one. i would go with the black magic, but i dont like cockers that much to begin with.

Smitty2k1
09-16-2002, 04:23 PM
If ya want my oppinion (which Im sure you dont)

go buy a plain old cocker, and with all that extra money, customize it to your liking... it makes life much more fun, trust me.

=)
pat

paintbattler
09-16-2002, 04:27 PM
get the dye cocker..also, get a nice fade color..i think dye cockers look nice...