PDA

View Full Version : Last Plea For Help!!!

magnj
09-16-2002, 03:28 PM
Ever since Ive goten my retro Ive had nothing but problems. FIrst It wouldnt shoot. I cleaned it all out. then it at least funcioned, it cycled it shot a ball. but no response. I can get it to shoot full auto/bounce at extremly low velocity( i chronoed) but i go to turn it up and no bounce. SO i contact agd tech. ONe of the techs tells me that shooting full auto on the retro mag is not normal( i dont know what the hell he is talking baout) ok that was no help. THen i get some input, maybe its my tank. Very possible so i thought. I went to my proshop today. I used one of his pure energy tanks figuring my nitro duck may just have a low output antd the pe mitte make it work. I hook it up no deal. WHat the hell do i do. I got a new on/off. no help. AGD cant help my proshop cant fix it. Im about to sell my gun. Im gonna call agd but io dont know if that will help. If anyone knows what mite be wrong tell me PLEASE IM GOIN NUTS

misfit
09-16-2002, 05:59 PM
when all else fails, send it in

magnj
09-16-2002, 06:42 PM
i guess. Ive been talkin to JJ from tech supprt and i just asked him today if i sent it in could they help so ill see what he says. THe guy at my proshop said that theres something realy wrong wit the valve. but i dunno.

athomas
09-17-2002, 05:03 PM
With a mag its usually something simple. I'm sure AGD will find a solution to your problem and you will have many years of trouble-free shooting.

Is the valve not shooting properly? Or is it just not reactive? Is the mag in stock form or are there aftermarket upgrades such as a trigger frame?

PyRo
09-21-2002, 06:08 AM
Probably somthing wrong with your on-off, or sear. Send it in if you cannot get it handled.

magnj
09-21-2002, 06:23 AM
it shoots very nice just not reactive. I got a new on/off and stuck it in but no help. I have a benchy 2x on there bt i dont think that should make a difference. I am sendindg it in soon

PyRo
09-21-2002, 06:58 AM
Yeah you got it, send the thing in. Sorry i cannot be of more help.

kutter
09-21-2002, 07:33 AM
Well, here is a piece of info that I have observed first hand, my friend has a retro minimag with a benchy 2x and I have a retro micromag with an I-Frame. When I shoot his it does not even feel like it is reactive to me. I suspect that the play inherent in the benchmark frame reduces the amount of bounce back you get from the valve.

I was even curious since he shoots his at a slightly lower pressure than mine that it might explain it, but I lowered mine to the same pressure and there was still a HUGE difference. Benchmarks can be very good frames, but they require some tweaking with set screws and whatnot to get maximum performance from unless you happen to get one that came off the line with tolerances that mags really like.

If the gun is shooting normally, I doubt that there is anything wrong with the valve. Is the valve brand new? If not did you try a rebuild kit?

Paintchucker
09-21-2002, 01:10 PM
Do you have an adjustable tank? I found a wide variance in the reactiveness of my trigger when I had a nitro duck adjustable tank. It was on an rt pro with benchy double.

magnj
09-21-2002, 03:58 PM
i decided not to send it in. After talking to my friend with an rtpro he said that the trigger wont ever bounce superfast. I have a dye frame on and ill try to stick that on there and see the results. No adjustable tank, and also the tank i have is very used and has a recharge problem ithink.

The valve is not new, i bought it used. I put some new orings in and cleaned all the others. I guess im expecting too much. But i can definitly feel the difference between the retor trigger pull and a classick valve.

athomas
09-23-2002, 11:16 AM
The reactivity of a retro valve is largely due to the difference in pressure between the input pressure and the valve chamber pressure. You experienced a higher reactivity at low velocity because the valve chamber pressure was lower while the input pressure was fixed around 800psi. As you increased the velocity (by increasing the vavle chamber pressure), you decreased the pressure differential reducing the reactivity in the trigger.

A way to increase the differential and the reactivity is to get an adjustable tank so that you can increase the input pressure while maintaining a constant valve chamber pressure.

The benchmark frame isn't going to help with reactivity. It is known that benchmark frames have tolerance issues that allow some of the return forces to be dispersed in various directions other than towards the trigger. This results in losses which reduce the amount of reactivity you will experience at the trigger.

The retro valve shouldn't go automatic anyway. You may be expecting too much if you are expecting large amounts of kickback on the trigger. The main pros of the retrovalve are the increadibly fast recharge rate and the reactive trigger which returns to front faster than normal but is not designed to "bounce" off your finger.

magnj
09-24-2002, 04:40 PM
ok thanks for the input. Now that i need a new tank( i already did) what kind should i get? I only wanna spend like 300 if possible