PDA

View Full Version : On/Off Pin: How short is too short?

HyperSnyper
09-17-2002, 02:20 PM
Hello all,

in another thread floating around here, I have decided to try and shorten the on/off pin on my Micro-E. I want to see what a mechanical reactive double trigger really feels like (trying to get it as close to I-frame quality crispness as possible).

The thing is, how do you know when your pin is too short? Is it just a trial and error thing? Just keep shortening the pin until finally you notice bolt/sear wear? If thats the only way, then Im a lil afraid. I dont wanna trial and error my pin length until finally I notice my lvl 10 bolt is no longer any good.

Let me know all.

Much Mahalos in advance.

-Hyper

cphilip
09-17-2002, 02:24 PM
Moving to tech...ask Black he will know...

Jack & Coke
09-17-2002, 03:26 PM
I have a ReTro Mag with several pins at different lengths. So far the shortest one I have is 0.670" long.

It is inconsistant in it's "reactive" feel because I've only got a 750-800 pre-set tank (not enough reactive pressure).

I hope to change that when I pick up an adjustable 68/4500 Max-Flo either this week or next.

I'll let you know how it turns out...

Havoc_online
09-17-2002, 04:06 PM
stock Emag on/off pin length is .712
RT/RTP/Retro is .750

Jack & Coke
09-17-2002, 05:13 PM
I wonder what would happen if you dropped an Emag on/off pin and it's quad oring into a ReTro?

rudy
09-17-2002, 05:50 PM
i use a quad in my retro it just has less friction on the on off pin helps out with a hyper frame cause there is less of a chance of the on off not kicking back out. no clue on the emag on off though

Gunga
09-17-2002, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by Jack & Coke
I wonder what would happen if you dropped an Emag on/off pin and it's quad oring into a ReTro?

Your valve would go into runaway and chew up your sear & bolt.

Jack & Coke
09-17-2002, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by Gunga

Your valve would go into runaway and chew up your sear & bolt.

But I already have an even shorter pin (0.700) and a quad oring in my ReTro and it does not "run-away"...

It has better "reactivness" than the stock pin (0.750), but not enough "push-back" pressure to make it like a Tippy RT. In other words, without the increased input pressure of an adjustable tank (+850 psi) there is barely any "reactivness" taking place let alone "run-away".

Can't wait to get my Max-Flo!:D