PDA

View Full Version : Questions about mags

moseson
09-17-2002, 02:37 PM
I am thinking about getting an automag after I sell my cocker in October. Before I got it thought I wanted to know a few things.

First of all Its very important that I have a very consistant gun. Right now, the cocker Im using a pmi 68/3000 pure energy and am getting about +/- 2 or 3 fps. Ive been reading a few posts on here saying that mags get +/- 10 fps on nitro. I just want to know if thats true for mags or not.

Also Ive heard that the rt valve makes a mag shoot at a higher velocity when you start shooting faster. This seems like a pretty bad idea and I wanted to know if theres a reason why they designed them like this.

Finally I wanted to know what kind of bps i would get with a classic mag with an intellifeed b/c I dont really plan on getting an rt valve if it has really bad velocity increase.

Shirow
09-17-2002, 02:51 PM
I am thinking about getting an automag after I sell my cocker in October. Before I got it thought I wanted to know a few things.

First of all Its very important that I have a very consistant gun. Right now, the cocker Im using a pmi 68/3000 pure energy and am getting about +/- 2 or 3 fps. Ive been reading a few posts on here saying that mags get +/- 10 fps on nitro. I just want to know if thats true for mags or not.

My mag is +/-10 but others are +/-0. You can get them low. I think my reg seat needs replacing. Getting a mag to +/-5 or less is not hard.

Also Ive heard that the rt valve makes a mag shoot at a higher velocity when you start shooting faster. This seems like a pretty bad idea and I wanted to know if theres a reason why they designed them like this.

That's not really true, but I know what you're talking about. This is best left to one of the more techy guys.

Finally I wanted to know what kind of bps i would get with a classic mag with an intellifeed b/c I dont really plan on getting an rt valve if it has really bad velocity increase.

It doesn't. If you're planning on just going intelli+classic though, it all depends. I've only had my automag for about 3 months, and I can relatively easily do 5-6bps. I'm sure others here can do MUCH higher, but that's my experience.

hitech
09-17-2002, 03:19 PM
Last time I played (Sunday) my lowest chrono was 281, the highest was 284. It's a classic valve.

Go here to see what AGD says about the RT/ReTro valve:

http://www.airgun.com/rtchrono.shtml