PDA

View Full Version : anyway to search memebers by state?

boomerfoxtrot
09-18-2002, 10:23 AM
I am trying to find all the members who live in GA, so I can send them a PM about the monthly meet this month, on the 27th.

Is there anyway to get a list of the memebers who live in GA?

wyn1370
09-18-2002, 10:27 AM
currently there is no way to do this. If you look in your profile, you can put anything (within the rules) you want as your location. Even your location doesn't have GA in it. If they switched it to a select a location, then it would be possible.

synreal
09-18-2002, 10:33 AM
well, it's rather easy to write a keyword searching query, but a) i doubt that the powers at be would be very willing to open up the db connection info to the public for someone to write it ;) and b) it would take time away from staffers doing their normal jobs to do it in house.

personally, i think it is a good idea for agd to mull over.

snakestang
09-18-2002, 10:54 AM
I know a thread on the forum would be way to messy but how about something similar to the Grey List? It would still have to be maintained and new members uploaded, but would be worth it if someone would like to invest the time. Just a thought..

boomerfoxtrot
09-18-2002, 12:29 PM
I guess I can do a key search, and find thoses who have posted in threads about GA.. and see if they live in or around GA... oh the time... lol

xmetal2001
09-18-2002, 04:51 PM
I'll make it easy for you...I live in georgia.:)

personman
09-18-2002, 04:58 PM
:) oh wow I live in georgia.. oh wait, I met you.
just search 'georgia' usually, someone would have said atleast SOMETHING about the state they live in in their posting history..