PDA

View Full Version : warp feeds ? opinions please

Xodus
09-18-2002, 02:21 PM
I have some extra cash avalible to me that I plan on spending on paintball gear. I have a Retro valve,lvl 10 and intelli frame on order. I was considering a warp feed but have never had the chance to use one, so I was hoping to get some opinions on them such as preformance, weight, balance on the gun, how well the hold up stuff like that.

Havoc_online
09-18-2002, 04:28 PM
I HIGHLY recommend it :)

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=50487 <--go here

speedyejl
09-18-2002, 04:58 PM
Im getting one from bartman, I've played a few games with my friends, their really great. The nice part is not as much your profile being low, but that people cant see your barrel thus they might leave you alone, untill you open fire!

Kory
09-18-2002, 05:39 PM
I finally can really say that I love mine. I played with the gun and my warp properly set up for the first time Sunday. It flat out rocks.
Hope this helps you descide.
Kory

Xodus
09-18-2002, 06:44 PM
Thanks guys I think I am going to order one then one more thing do you recomend a 9v or 12v warp ?

Havoc_online
09-18-2002, 06:46 PM
they only come in 9v, the 12v mod must be done yourself or by your local dealer(if they do it).

Spray Painter
09-18-2002, 09:18 PM
how much better is a warp feed with a 12v mod?

Havoc_online
09-19-2002, 01:26 AM
9v = around 16bps

12v = around 24bps

joeyjoe367
09-19-2002, 03:09 AM
Performance won't really be an issue for you, since you DO have lvl 10 and a retro valve. You won't have to worry about paint breaking in the break and muckin' up the hose/etc...

as far as balance and weight goes, it hasn't bothered me too much. I CAN honestly say that it's noticably heavier. Balance isn't affected at all, in fact, i think it's a bit better since the center of balance is lowered.

You'll like the view that you get with the warp. No Hopper hits either.

By FAR the best thing about the warp, is the angles at which it allows you to shoot. Shooting lefty has never been easier for me. Switching hands to stay less exposed was always awkward for me, but turning the gun over on the side, and lettin' the warp do it's thing seems almost natural.

the Extra bulk is probably the only thing that turns off a lot of people. It's usually OK, but It might take a little getting used to.

Personally, I belive that the Benefits REALLY outweigh the Losses.