View Full Version : LVL10 predecessor

The-Z-Man
09-18-2002, 04:09 PM
Was there a predecessor to the LVL 10?

virus
09-18-2002, 06:33 PM
in what way to you mean......

as in what was like lv5 lv6 etc....

if that is the case... all valves (classic/minimag) are level 7..... what changed from lv5 and lv6 to make them a lvl7.. ya got me... i havn't been using a mag that long =)

level 8 is the orignal RT valve.... (also this is no longer produced)
level 9 is the Retro valve

now for level 10... i stil feel thre shoudl be some type of designation to show a regular valve and a retro... ie level 10 and level 10RT

though all level 10's share the same anti-chop ability... there is still the difference between the reg valve and the ReTro....

also the new level desination usally only goes with a big improvement to the valve system... which this one does...

DarkPhoenix
09-19-2002, 09:21 PM
In a recent interview, Tom mentioned that there was no such development of a lvl 8 or 9. The predecessor to the lvl 10 was the much maligned teflon bolt, which never truly made it past beta testing, in my opinion. The level 10 is truly a revolution in the Automag world.

hitech
09-20-2002, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by DarkPhoenix
The predecessor to the lvl 10 was the much maligned teflon bolt...

The Level 10 bolt is the new Superbolt II. So, the old superbolt (it was delrin, not teflon) could be considered the predecessor to the level 10 bolt.

While it was in DEVELOPEMENT level 10 was something quite different. It only addressed barrel breaks and was not retro-fitable to all markers. I guess that wasn't good enough for Tom. :D