PDA

View Full Version : ReTro leaking down the barrel

ScatterPlot
09-18-2002, 06:29 PM
I just got my Retro valve today, and set it up and it was working fine. Then I took the valve off to clean it since I got a break. When I put it back on Im getting horrible leaks down the barrel. It wont stop unless I take off the tank. Any ideas?

Havoc_online
09-18-2002, 06:32 PM
try replacing the bolt spring.

You put your bolt bumper back on right?

you still have enough air in the tank? (once the tank drops too low, it doesnt have enough pressure to seal the valve.)

Thunderkiss
09-19-2002, 01:28 PM
Man I had the EXACT same problem happen to me after I got mine. After I racked my brain for a couple days trying to figure what was wrong I just took it apart and OILED EVERYTHING with a alot of oil, probably about 20 drops everywhere I could and it worked fine after that. I guess there was not a good tight seal somewhere and the oil fixed it. Anyway thats what I would try.

athomas
09-19-2002, 01:48 PM
I had the same problem with my new retro valve. I did the same as Thunderkiss and put plenty of oil on all the o-rings. It hasn't leaked since.

cphilip
09-19-2002, 03:05 PM
Those pesky sticky new on off pins may need that oil and work it in and out by hand a few times...and an important thing also to know is that a new retro vavle is not adjusted to the proper velocity when you get it and you may actualy have bolt stick going on.

Oil it good and Air up with the trigger pulled back. Then adjust the velocity up (Turn the adjustment on the very back with the Allen key clockwise) while resetting the bolt with a dowel or straight shot squeegie to push it back into place each time you try it.

ScatterPlot
09-19-2002, 03:55 PM
New discovery, when I shoot the bolt doesnt return all the way. I have to push it back the rest of the way (until it clicks) with a marker or pencil or something. The tanks Im using are low on air; would that cause a problem with bolt return? Thanks for your help so far. Oh yeah, and its not a new ReTro valve, I got it used and it has worked before.
Bert

Havoc_online
09-19-2002, 04:45 PM
like I said before, either a bad bolt sring, or being low on air could give you that problem.

ScatterPlot
09-19-2002, 06:06 PM
OK, tried the new bolt spring but now the triggewr wont pressurize. I do have VERY low pressure in the tank I am using, about 2-300 psi or so. I thought it would at LEAST pressuurize the trigger, but correct me if im wrong.

Havoc_online
09-19-2002, 06:11 PM
you need more pressure.

yeahthatsme
09-20-2002, 12:05 PM
yeah. the rt needs something like 800 psi.