PDA

View Full Version : Consistency problems

JT2002
09-18-2002, 08:14 PM
hi,
i was using my mag last monday and i was REALLY having some consistency problems. i use nitro, and was shootin like 310, then 263, 247, 254, and so on. I was also getting HORRIBLE first shot drop off and i have a lvl 10. i have a 68 automag classic valve. any suggestion for better consistency.

Havoc_online
09-18-2002, 08:20 PM
your using the biggest carrier that doesnt leak right?
change your reg. seat.

another thing that can give you consistency problems is a bad paint to barrel match. did you do any barrel tests?

JT2002
09-18-2002, 08:25 PM
regulator seat was just rebuild a couple o months ago, no i havent done barrel tests but how should i? by pushing the ball throught the barrel it seems to have a pretty snug fit. but now that i think of it, i do remember that for some reason the balls seemed very dimply. that could be the prob. should i get an inline reg?
JT

Havoc_online
09-18-2002, 08:29 PM
no more reg's, you'll just starve the valve.

to do a barrel test, get about 5balls, stich them in the barrel, and blow them out. If the balls roll out of the barrel, that's bad. If it's too hard to blow them out, that's also bad. you want the medium, the reason you should do it with a few balls is to see if you get mixed results(bad paint consistency which leads to bad shot to shot consistency)

hope this helps.

PyRo
09-21-2002, 06:18 AM
No regs. Try a differant paint maybie, that fits your barrel better. If your paint is good in your barrel, then make sure you have no barrel leak while pulling the trigger. You can try replacing the reg seat again, if not you probably have a problem with your spring pack/regpiston.

JT2002
09-21-2002, 10:22 AM
well the thing is honestly i just hadd all of that stuff replaced back in march, these things should last a lot longer than 6 months, i had to buy new spring pack new seat, and the allen key thing the spring pack goes into was rebuilt. i know for a fact that the paint have a decent match with my barrel, its a little snug, but not bad, besides, when u play at an indoor field its all theyll let u use.

PyRo
09-21-2002, 10:58 AM
Umm, you cannot rebuild a spring pack... Thats probably your problem. They normally last for over 4 years save for the 1 defective one thats gets out. The reg seats, normally last a while, unless you get one that is already swelled up somehow. ALthough this is most likely not your reg seat. Future advice, don't take teh valve halves apart unless you absolutly have to, every time you do it will wear the reg seat a little and your gun will be that much more inconsistant. You should technically replace the reg seat every time you take the halves apart.

JT2002
09-21-2002, 11:13 AM
i didnt rebuild the spring pack rofl. i know u cant do that. i forgot what its called but the allen key peice thats after teh spring pack in the valve, thats what was rebuilt. the packs new as of march, if its defective can i get a new one for free? does anyone know? thanks for the advice, i will not be takin the halves apart anymore. problem status: unsolved

PyRo
09-21-2002, 11:36 AM
Where did you get this "rebuilt" reg piston from? Anyone but AGD, and I might question it.

PyRo
09-21-2002, 12:05 PM
Hey JT, you live right by me :)

JT2002
09-21-2002, 12:07 PM
who are you, and where dou live? my local shop gun tech rebuilt the peice. illl say exactly what it is later when i find out

PyRo
09-26-2002, 01:53 PM
I live on long island, glen cove more specifically. Some of the shops here really arn't good. I like one of them which will remain nameless that told me my mag was supposed to be leaking.

JT2002
09-26-2002, 03:27 PM
hey, im in smithtown, was it a cousins? mine really was leakin out the back real bad back in march when i got it.