PDA

View Full Version : Adjustable HPA - opinions?

projekt23
09-18-2002, 09:17 PM
What adjustable tank do you peeps recomend getting.. I have a 68/4500 PMI but would like the option of adjusting for my Retro Value..

Thanks for you insights
P:23

cannibal ox
09-18-2002, 10:01 PM
I am going to ride shotgun on this question, I have the same tank, and a retro valve being delivered on fri.
I think(?) the pure energy tanks output is 800-850. Is increasing the incoming pressure the only way to get trigger bounce?

Cliffio
09-19-2002, 12:18 AM
ive got a maxflow, i love it

Cliff

kutter
09-19-2002, 07:11 AM
I have to agree with Cliffio on this one, I love my Maxflo, also a team mate has a Flatline on his Retro and it seems very good also. As a third option I have heard pretty good things about the Angel AIR's, but they seem very expensive and I have never heard it said that the flow is any better than a Maxflo or a Flatline.

There was a refurbished Maxflo on Ebay yesterday, it went for like $250 I think, from Action Village. That is how I bought mine, but I stole it for $170 about a year ago :D

While flow is a consideration, it may not be as much of one as price, I would check to see if you could pick a refurbished one, with the warranty.

hitech
09-19-2002, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by kutter
...Angel AIR's, but they seem very expensive and I have never heard it said that the flow is any better than a Maxflo or a Flatline.

When a friend of mine bought his angel he was planning on purchasing an angel air with it. When the dealer found out he had a flatline, he talked him out of purchasing an angel air. The dealer also ran a flatline on his angel.

bunkerhugger
09-19-2002, 03:13 PM
My flatline works great - the on-off valve is super nice and the compact elegance of the system makes good eye candy.

Kory
09-20-2002, 04:26 PM
My local scuba shop has a max flow reg he will put on my 68 crossfire preset in place of the current reg. I can have this done for 85 bucks. Is this a good deal. The guage only reads 300psi. Will this be a prob?I have the correct guages on my gun. Are the regs different though?
Thanks for the info.
Kory

Cliffio
09-20-2002, 04:33 PM
is he selling you the reg as well? or just installing it?

if hes just intalling it, you can do it yourself for free!

im not clear on what you mean when your talking about gauges

Cliff

Kory
09-20-2002, 08:04 PM
He is selling the reg for 75 plus 10 to install it. It only had one guage on it, it was a 0-300psi guage. I have a 3k guage on my tank and a 0-1200psi guage on my gun. I could use these guages on the tank. (I would assume it has two guage ports on it).
Thanks, Kory