PDA

View Full Version : JT Maxim Paintball claims

P8ntballerAK
09-19-2002, 04:35 PM
This should be an easy test. JT claims that their Maxim paintball is the most accurate paint on the market.

here is the actual claim in their add:

"The Most accurate paint you will ever shoot. ou have our wod on it."

Angry Man
09-22-2002, 03:49 PM
I hope that wasn't there actual claim because of the spelling and punctuatiom mistakes...but it is brass eagle.

Anyway, I think the contract between BE and RPS is over and the paint is discontinued. As for accuracy, they were some of the roundest paintballs I've ever seen and besides paint/barrel match roundness is the only real factor affecting accuracy. The reason they can make that claim is that it's hard to disprove, someone would have to test every paintball in every barrel and even then you could say "well, it's most accurate in more barrels, or in our barrels, or this batch is more accurate or whatever"....and then there are conditions like humidity, heat etc. that could change accuracy. No one's gonna challenge that claim because it would be too hard and besides, it's really, really round paint with no seams...it's darned accurate.

P8ntballerAK
09-22-2002, 04:17 PM
Round doesn't neccesarily mean accurate, I believe AGD wrote a post on how paint touches the barrel on only 2 points. I have enver seen a test on perfectly round paintballs where the paintballs touches all the way around. I also don't think that its perfectly round, you may not be able to see the seem but it's there somewhere. The seem would also be thicker than the rest of the paintball.

joeyjoe367
09-24-2002, 12:18 AM
Having Consistantly Round paintballs would make a differance in accuracy, simply because the SAME 2 spots would be touching the barrel, and in combination with a good regulator, it would have the same kind of air-dispersal, and would have simmilar aerodynamics, making it more prone to hit the same spot.

...at least THat's my reasoning.

spazzed
09-24-2002, 10:57 PM
If they truly didn't have seems, then would that not help it aerodynamically? Therefore making it more "accurate".

hitech
09-25-2002, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by spazzed
If they truly didn't have seems, then would that not help it aerodynamically? Therefore making it more "accurate".

That's what I always thought. AGD's perfect circle paintballs have almost no seam, are very round and not that much more accurate. It's just hard to get a round ball to be any more accurate.

FactsOfLife
09-25-2002, 05:35 PM
well after swearing "at" a lot of different brands of paint, I now swear by maxims. the stuff is just excellent. everything I want in a paintball. accurate, thick, breaks nice.

about the only other paint I ever mess with is Evil. E-VIL.

But it's so brittle that if I ain't careful I can actually break it loading it in pods. but it break everytime. criminy it breaks just looking at the other guy...

tolley
05-11-2004, 08:31 PM
What happend to Maxim in the last couple years? Maxim was my favorite, small very round, dry. Now maxim2 is very oval, very oily, and not too accurate for me in my guns. Anybody know the story behind that??? :eek:

athomas
05-12-2004, 09:54 AM
Accuracy in paint is all about consistency. A round ball is only so accurate. But, if all the balls are the same roundness, then you have a better chance of every ball going in the same general direction.

Silverback
05-14-2004, 07:52 AM
That's what I always thought. AGD's perfect circle paintballs have almost no seam, are very round and not that much more accurate. It's just hard to get a round ball to be any more accurate.

I didn't realize Tom was still working on the Perfect Circle Paintballs... Is he still on track with the PLASTIC shell, or did the fill injection problem finally force him to a more conventional gel shell?

RRfireblade
05-14-2004, 03:05 PM
I didn't realize Tom was still working on the Perfect Circle Paintballs...

I don't believe he is or owns the I.P. on them anymore....I think.

I do however know where the injection molding machine that made those is right now. ;)