PDA

View Full Version : 18v warp?

Emagster
09-19-2002, 04:40 PM
ok....anyone know about how many bps a warp being run at 18v will load? I'm wondering because I'm having Tunaman do something with my warp and my e-mag and I'm wondering how fast this will load. Thanks

Emagster

Tunaman
09-19-2002, 04:55 PM
...as many as your hopper can feed it. A Halo B would be the fastest, but only in your dreams could you pull that fast. You will have a fun time with the board you have, it will amaze you.:D :D

Havoc_online
09-19-2002, 04:58 PM
9v = 16bps
12 = 24bps <--FAST ENOUGH and SAFE for the warp board.
18 = 32bps by estimtation, however I think anywher past 25bps and you need to be able to load double what your shooting just to get through the bolt open time.

either way, it's dangerous for the warp to be carrying such a high load, it COULD fry. I'm sure he's rigging it from the emag battery which will also HALF the life of your battery.

IMO <--you'll never get past 24bps even with a reactive makrer.

Emagster
09-19-2002, 05:05 PM
well you do have half of what I'm having done correct. Tunaman IS making my warp run off my e-mag battery, but he's also removing my warp board and having the Emagnum board control my warp(since the emagnum board can control the warp too) hehehe...cant wait. w/ a 12 mod my gun could do 20bps with out MANY chops....i wonder witht he 18v warp what it will be able to do. I might not even need a Lvl10

Havoc_online
09-19-2002, 05:12 PM
ah, now I remember the removing of the board bit....

at any rate, I'd recommend a level 10. Since your bolt is moving so fast and the warp will be using a lot of force on the ballstack, you may get the bolt to crack ball number 2 when it fires number 1, that gets number 2 to break when it finally lands in the breech and gets hit again by the bolt, get it?

the level 10 will go easy on ball number 2 in it's low pressure stage, and then rev up after there's no chance it can hurt ball number 2 but still lanch ball number 1

mxracer33x
09-19-2002, 05:41 PM
I have the setup you are getting. (emagnum, 18v warp & halo B) It works very well. But level 10 is a must. I have turned it up to 24 bps and it works well. but you have to speed up the warp dwell. For everyday play you should make sure your warp isnt feeding balls to fast, otherwise with brittle paint you will end up with a huge mess. All in all it works good, the only drawback I saw was you cant run in manual mode. Your warp wont have power. Also, make sure your connections are well tucked in and not going to get broke. Mine originally had a plug on the grip panel, and I fractured it, leaving me without a way to feed the balls. With this I just made the wire continuous out of the bottom of the grip and plug into the Warp. Good luck, hope you enjoy your new toy, I doubt you will be disappointed.

sniper1rfa
09-19-2002, 06:10 PM
actually, its roughly 50 bps, meaning it will feed 20 bps easy.

and i run 18 volts through my warp (with the board in) and havent had any trouble. though the NiMH batteries drop to about 16 volts with any sort of load.

Havoc_online
09-19-2002, 06:14 PM
curious, how did you come up with 50? (I'm not saying your wrong, just wondering)

sniper1rfa
09-19-2002, 06:16 PM
i checked the rpm of the wheels and then used that and the circumphrence to figure out how fast itd feed. that is more towards about 17 volts though.

Havoc_online
09-19-2002, 06:19 PM
how did you do it accurately? if you were off by just a bit, it would throw off your results.

FrAuStY
09-19-2002, 07:13 PM
I know butterfingers built an 18v warp board for his 25bps Emagnum demo. He had a halo b and it fed consistently at 25 bps. Personally..I don't think you'll ever need that fast of a warp. As stated above.. 12v will be plenty..and it will not damage the circuits. Hopefully he's installing a new board so you won't fry your current one :eek:

Emagster
09-19-2002, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by FrAuStY
I know butterfingers built an 18v warp board for his 25bps Emagnum demo. He had a halo b and it fed consistently at 25 bps. Personally..I don't think you'll ever need that fast of a warp. As stated above.. 12v will be plenty..and it will not damage the circuits. Hopefully he's installing a new board so you won't fry your current one :eek:

are you talking to me? if you are, the Emagnum board is capable of controlling the warp along with the e-mag itself. Tuna is removing the warp board and wiring my warp to be powered and controlled off my e-mag