PDA

View Full Version : old old mag questin

magman87
09-19-2002, 09:50 PM
i have a really old mag. the valve was made before the classics where. all the parts are in good condition but i was wondering if i needed to up date things like the on/off assembly and other things:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

magman87
09-19-2002, 09:54 PM
up

i need advice:confused:

Havoc_online
09-19-2002, 10:46 PM
you don't need to spam the tech board and up your post 4mins after you made it. ask all your q's in one post next time plz.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. get a level 10 if you have chopping issues. that's it for the valve.

get some plastic nubbins and a parabolic feed plug.

athomas
09-20-2002, 07:52 AM
Originally posted by magman87
i have a really old mag. the valve was made before the classics where. all the parts are in good condition but i was wondering if i needed to up date things like the on/off assembly and other things:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

I take it you mean that your gun has no stars engraved on it.

There is a couple of things you can check for if it is an older mag.

First, check if the hole inside the back half of the valve lines up with the hole inside the front half of the valve. If it does not, you may want to drill a hole in the valve back so that it lines up with the front hole. Be careful when doing this. Its an easy mod you can do yourself, but if you mess it up, you have to buy a new valve back. I did mine and it was very easy.

Second, check your on/off top. If it is the old X style top, you can replace it with the newer concave top. It is up for discussion whether this actually makes any improvement, but the theoretical design allows for better flow.

Get a parabolic feed plug.

Get the level 10 bolt upgrade. Its the best upgrade for the mag.

Get compressed air instead of CO2.

PyRo
09-21-2002, 05:39 AM
The newer on-off offers NO preformance gain over the old one whatsoever. It is there simply so that you cannot put it in upside down. The old one had to be put in a certain way, and many people were putting them in upside down, so they made this new one which goes either way.
Get the parabolic feed plug, thats free, and some plastic nubbins won't hurt either.