PDA

View Full Version : Need size of bolt and chamber to get LvL10 to fit in a custom body...

Damage
09-20-2002, 01:12 PM
Ok here goes, I have a Custom bodied 'mag. It has a Galactic Z body on it. The whole thing is custom with Body, Z grip and ANS rail, ect. The problem I have is, I sent it in the other day to get Retro and LvL 10. I got a call from "J.J." I think it was (He was very cool and knew his stuff! helped out ALOT) and he told me that the LvL 10 wont fit in the Galactic Z body. I know you guys are going to tell me to get a factory body and be done with it. But I have a small fortune tied up in the body and 'Cocker barrels to fit it (6 of 'em including the Lapco Bigshot Z made for the backspin) What I need is some help here on what the actual Diameter is of the LvL 10 bolt and what size chamber it would work best in or the size of the factory chamber. The first thing I thought of doing was turning down the bolt slightly. But after looking at the cutaways I know it is of a thin walled design so that is out. What I have in mind is now boring out the body slightly to fit the bolt. I have access to some pretty good machining equipment so I dont think (LOL) it should be too hard if I go slowly and think it out well in advance. I really dont want to replace the body as it (The Marker) is kind of a unique looking setup that is very high on the coolness factor. But I want it all, performance and looks. So I have the ReTro and hopefully soon LvL 10. I thank anyone and everyone for their time and effort on this. All help is greatly appreciated as I am trying to get the body bored out so I can get in on the next batch of LvL 10 kits when they are done.

EnW
09-20-2002, 09:55 PM
Havoc_online says:

the bolt's OD is .85

Damage
09-22-2002, 10:15 AM
Thanks for the help "EnW" that is a great start...Is there anyone else? I know there has got to be someone who knows the chamber size, ect. Please. And thanks again.

athomas
09-23-2002, 10:02 AM
If you have the proper milling equipment you should be fine. Measure the bolt and make the breach area a little larger. The biggest problem you will have is that the breach will no longer be hard annodized.

Another way to make the breach a little larger, would be to hone it out using a rotory honing stone. This will allow you to gently remove a few thousanths of metal at a controlled rate.