PDA

View Full Version : Leaking air out the asa

Xodus
09-20-2002, 04:35 PM
I picked up a older 68 auto-mag recently and I got ripped off but thats another story. I changed out all the orings inthe gun since it was leaking air in so many different places. I also changed out the spring on the bolt. but now when I hook up an air system to it CO2 on this gun since its a back-up/friend user gun and I cant afford another nitro tank atm. When I conect the tank its charges the gun the gun will shoot but I am leaking air out of the little hole on the side of the asa. I know its not the asa since the asa works fine on the mini mag I took it off of. I am assuming that to much preasure is building up in the valve but am not sure how to solve this.:confused: :confused:

bunkerhugger
09-20-2002, 04:39 PM
It's the tank/asa combo. Put a bottle o-ring in the bottom of the asa, then screw the tank in. That should give you a good seal and stop the leak. As long as you're looking at it, make sure the threads on your co2 tank aren't messed up.

Xodus
09-20-2002, 07:01 PM
nope checked that out htat wasnt it any other idea's ?

PyRo
09-21-2002, 05:18 AM
You tried putting an o-ring in the ASA, then screwing in the tank?

Xodus
09-21-2002, 06:02 AM
yep I put an o-ring in the asa and screwed the tank back in I put on a diff asa used diff tanks all with the same result which is leading me to believe that the problem is at the valve not the asa.

magman550
09-22-2002, 11:34 AM
Hi, I had a similar problem with my asa leaking out the little hole also. All my stuff was brand new an Automag 68 Classic A cradle Pure energy Tank 68/3000 and could not stop it leaking. I also went and measured the pin compared to other asa's all the same size, what I did to make it stop was file down the pin just a little bit in the asa and my leak was gone... It was not easy to do I took a drill bigger than the pin in the asa and drilled it a little bit NOT MUCH.. then took small files and sanded as flat as I could and it fixed my problem. Maybe this can help you out. I also tried my son's tank which was also new and his did not leak on my asa it was something with that pin and tank.
Good Luck
Rick

Xodus
09-22-2002, 01:01 PM
Thanks for the idea magman, but I have tried several different asa's that all work fine on my other guns and I get the leak still. I think I'm gonna have to send the gun in to be looked at.it seems like the presure is back building in the gun.

athomas
09-23-2002, 09:43 AM
Since the leak is out the little hole in the ASA, that means the tank is not in far enough or the tank o-ring is bad. Replace the tank o-ring even if it looks fine. If it still leaks, check if the tank is going on all the way. If it can't screw in all the way, then the ASA pin is too long.