PDA

View Full Version : Pictures for my FINISHED (finally) mag!

rhetor22
09-20-2002, 06:15 PM
lemme know what you think!

I did the spray myself. Its black with a slight bubble fade to maroon on the back.

The drop was made by my step-dad who's a pharmacudical engineer and had one of his machinests bend a piece of alluminum.

I have a black 12v revvy, Benchy 2x frame, stock minimag barrel, 14" pmi ceramic barrel, and an ACI 4 stage.

I made myself a rear trigger limiter for the benchy which is not in the picture, but this is how i made it:

I drilled a small hole all the way thru the frame from the back. I think made the hole larger in the back and put a machine screw into the hole behind the trigger, so that i can screw it in or out from behind the frame. The screw head is inside the frame so there is no discomfort. Its adjustable, and really helps out on the benchy's performance.

I've spent all the money i've allowed myself to spend (perhaps more) and its all done! Now i just need a friggin elbow. Those adjustable ones are way too brittle. They just snap off with the weight of the hopper.

The pics are gargantuan so i'll just give you links.

She's so tiny!!

http://cstrikesucks.homestead.com/files/P9190036.JPG

http://cstrikesucks.homestead.com/files/P9190034.JPG

personman
09-20-2002, 06:19 PM
Mine was smaller :) ;)
Nice mag.
Might wanna look into n2 tho..

rhetor22
09-20-2002, 06:22 PM
i had a feeling you'd reply :D

Yeah n2 just doesn't work out for me. Well actually i hate everything about it except for the performance. Every other aspect about n2 is just a pain in the butt for me tho.

Oh well, she works fine on co2 anyways.

Thanks for the compliment!

personman
09-20-2002, 06:30 PM
welp, my XTS has the same bottomline setup, its pretty cool..

FooTemps
09-20-2002, 10:01 PM
my setup is smaller

pito189
09-21-2002, 12:07 PM
What bothers you so much about Nitrogen? Can you not get it filled in your area?

BajaBoy
09-21-2002, 12:30 PM
omg please let me in on how to shoot your guns with the tank like that lol, i wouldnt never be able to do that

rhetor22
09-21-2002, 12:50 PM
hehe, i know its weird... It feels more like a... well i hate to make the comparison to fire arms, so i'll stick with bb guns. It feels more like a pellet gun pistol... its easy to carry around and move fast.

Here is why i dont like N2:

-#1 its expensive. It costs oh so much more for the tank, and it costs more to fill.

-#2 its friggin heavy. The tank was heavy (i had a steel one) and it was HUGE. I had a 47cu and i thought the thing was massive. I bought my mag cuz it was so small, why ruin that with a big clunker of a tank?

-#3 it smells funky. seriously. It always smelled kinda stanky and it really got to me.

N2 just isn't for me. I cant fire my mag fast enough, and i dont use it often enough to really appreciate the performance gains.

Matt Crawford
09-21-2002, 03:57 PM
1 Yes the TANK costs more. But it costs LESS to fill. Only around 1.00 per 1000psi

2. HPA is usually lighter(fiber) and a 47/3k should not weight to much more than a 16oz tank

3.it does not smell funny where mine gets filled, maby its the person who it got filled by, had something added to his tanks.

vf-xx
09-21-2002, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by Matt Crawford
1 Yes the TANK costs more. But it costs LESS to fill. Only around 1.00 per 1000psi

2. HPA is usually lighter(fiber) and a 47/3k should not weight to much more than a 16oz tank

Umm. not true.
1. My local feild charges 1.50 per 1000 psi, where as i can get my 14 oz tank filled for 2.00.

2. Read his post. he said that he had a Steel tank. On a per shot basis it is my belief that HPA is more expensive.

Nice mag btw. I'd look into adding a triggerstop to that frame. I put a stop on my old benchy and that helped alot.