PDA

View Full Version : Retro Questions

bigdawg_07
09-20-2002, 10:22 PM
Hey everyone,

I just brought a new Reto Valve for my mini-mag. I have read some of the fourm and I have a few questions.

It is mentioned that the efective pressure for the valve should be around 800 PSI, but how do you get a 3000PSI tank down to 800 PSI? I thought the valve had the regulator built into it? Do I need to put something on my gun to drop the input pressure down?

Also, what kind of oils should be used? Is there something that I could pick up at a local store (in mentor ohio)?

Anyother tips that I should know about in seting up my new valve?

THanks for any help!

Tim "BigDawg" Taby

bigdawg_07
09-20-2002, 10:24 PM
Also,

Is the retro valve the same as the RT valve?

DarkPhoenix
09-20-2002, 11:33 PM
Bigdawg, the retrovalve is the same type of valve as one found on an RT Pro, and has a few minor part differences with the original RT valve and the E-mag valve, but rest assured they all operate the same way. As for your question concerning bringing your tank pressure down to operating levels, the valve on your tank should reduce the pressure in your tank down to a usable operating pressure. If your tank is pre-set, the output of your tank should be around 800psi, unless the valve on the tank is made for low pressure, then it will output a operating pressure which may be too low to operate the RT valve. The RT valve itself will further regulate the pressure down but requires the high difference in pressure to operate.

PyRo
09-21-2002, 05:13 AM
Originally posted by bigdawg_07
Also,

Is the retro valve the same as the RT valve?
Mechanically they are the same thing, and will preform the same way. The RT valve only fits in the RT though, and the retro fits in all other mags (e-mag, rt-pro, minimag, 68 automag, classic automag).
Yup, your tank holds 3000psi, but the reg only puts out 800 or so unless it is specifically a low pressure tank.

bigdawg_07
09-21-2002, 11:54 AM
Thanks for the help guys!