PDA

View Full Version : ADJ. HPA for trigger bounce/feel, necessary?

Skeetmaster
09-21-2002, 02:32 PM
I cant really afford an adj, HPA system, probably gonnan get a melee.
Malike :cool: has advised me that an adj. system will help with setting up the triger for bounce/feel.
I was wondering how anyone else has got on?
While Im sure Malike's right (the mag valve will be ore accurate witha lower pressure) i need to know how critical it is, coz I dont want to waste money by buying OR not buying something.
Cheers
Gaz:D

virus
09-21-2002, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by Skeetmaster
the mag valve will be ore accurate witha lower pressure

not really..... at least that is not why people like adj tanks for the rt/ReTro's........

with a preset you are stuck at its output psi.... and stuck with the reactivity it gives at that pressure....

with an adjustable tank you can either go lower or higher with the input psi to the valve to change the reactivity.... go down to about 650psi and you pretty much have a regular mag valve... goto the other extreme say 1200psi (which is what i run mine at) and you get a very reactive trigger.... but one should only goes as high psi wise, as they keep control of the trigger.... ie so it doesn't go into runaway mode.... when i run my Zgrip i can go upto 1200psi with out a prob and even have a hard tring to find it.... but with my stock grip i need to drop down to about 950psi, before i start to lose control on the trigger....

so as you can see the input pressure just controls the amount of kick back on the trigger....

the only other thing is with a higher input pressure, there will be a higher shootup then at a lower input pressure.... this is also known as first shot drop off..... but following the proper chrono procedure.... you chrony onto the field at your highest fps reading... then all you need to remember is that, if you run a high input then your first shot could be about 10fps slower (at least that is what i have found at my fields) but always use the proper chrono procedure as the paint to barrel match as to do with your fps also......

PyRo
09-26-2002, 02:01 PM
You can ajust it using differant on-off pin leanths, but not to that much of an extreem, because it will begin to leak eventually. ANd the pins about about $8 each.

xmetal2001
09-26-2002, 10:14 PM
It'll proabably feel fine to you at the preset pressure, but an adj. would be better for "fine tuning"