PDA

View Full Version : RT Bolt Stick and Leak! Need ideas!!!

MagManOne
09-21-2002, 05:18 PM
I just gassed up my old school RT for the first time in a few months with a 114ci/3000psi A/A Raptor adjustable w/ on/off valve. The gun has been idle for at least 6 weeks, and at that time ago there was a slight leak in the valve(probably still is) but nothing major. Now I'm getting major bolt stick. It happens after I turn on the air, AFTER I shoot the first shot. The trigger bounces out when the air is turned on, but once I pull the trigger, the bolt sticks and there's a HUGE leak out barrel and powerfeed. I haven't spent alot of time on this, but I'm wondering if you guys have any ideas as to why this is happening. I suspect too high or low velocity, input pressure, worn o-rings, etc. I don't have an output gauge so I'm not too sure what I'm shooting out. Thanks.

virus
09-21-2002, 05:29 PM
i would say to try a little oil and to make sure there is more then 800psi in your tank.....

other then that.... does the leak go away when you hold the trigger... if yes degas, take out your valve and chack the power tube oring..... also while it is out make sure the bolt spring is taller then bolt..... the way it sounds with the bolt stickin forward and air leaking the powertube oring being bad sounds the best to me........

Havoc_online
09-22-2002, 06:25 AM
you may need more pressure, or you may need to turn up the veloctiy.

like the man says, check your o'ring's.

MagManOne
09-22-2002, 07:23 AM
I turned up my velocity last night before Havoc responded and it helped quite a bit. I'm not getting the best "kickback" though. I'd presume that you just keep turning up velocity for that (output pressure seems to be all the way up). Could anybody let me know what increases kickback that'd be great. Thanks again.

Havoc_online
09-22-2002, 07:30 AM
you could use a higher input. AA raptor tanks don't put out too much from what I've seen, you know what your tank is set at?

MagManOne
09-22-2002, 10:00 AM
That's kinda what I'm trying to figure out, since there is no output/input gauge on the Raptor. Tank is adjustable. It seems to be working alot better though, and if you know anybody who has a Raptor ask them about the pressure.

PyRo
09-26-2002, 03:18 PM
Ccheck your bolt spring. COuld be a pt spacer as well.