PDA

View Full Version : E-Mag valve Problems

DarkPhoenix
09-21-2002, 06:13 PM
While dry firing my E-mag at my local store, my valve all of a sudden developed a massive leak down the barrel. When I squeeze the trigger in manual/RT mode the leak stops, but once the trigger is released, the leak resumes and the gun does not cycle a shot. After taking the gun apart and inspecting the valve, the only part that I could find the was damaged was the bumper, which was litterally torn to shreds. After replacing the bumper, and airing up the gun, the same symptoms appear. I have already replaced virtually every o-ring I could find, with the exception of the quad o-ring. I could sincerely use the help as I am now completely dumbfounded.

Havoc_online
09-21-2002, 07:21 PM
sounds a lot like a worn bolt spring to me.

DarkPhoenix
09-21-2002, 08:59 PM
I have swapped out bolt springs, which is alot because I have a level 10 installed. I have also tried to rule out the level 10 itself by switching to a smaller o-ring carrier and even changing out the o-rings in the level 10 itself.

virus
09-21-2002, 09:12 PM
there should have been a spacer kit that came with the gun..... if not you will need one......

you need to goto a smaller spacer in the powertube..... that is of course the valve just needs a little oil pushed through it....

DarkPhoenix
09-21-2002, 09:47 PM
I beleive the o-ring carriers in the level 10 upgrade do away with the power tube spacers completely.

Havoc_online
09-22-2002, 06:19 AM
From your first post I thought you had a level 7 mag.

Are you sure your velocity was'nt messed with?

When your bumper messed up, that could have let the bolt hit and bend the shims. Have you checked them?

What exactly are all your settings? What's your input pressure? What size carrier with how many shims and what spring are you using? If it was the cut spring, r u sure the cut side was on the bolt?

Did you check the bolt to see if the pin has shifted or changed lengths(it should measure 2.010" from tip of pin to front of bolt)?

DarkPhoenix
09-22-2002, 08:27 AM
Thanks Havoc, you are a bloomin' genius! I had never of thought of checking the pin in the bolt and lo and behold, after a little pushing, the pin slid back into place and my gun is once again fully operational. Thank you. I wonder if there is a way to ensure that this does not happen again?

DarkPhoenix
09-22-2002, 04:33 PM
Well, it worked for a while at least. Now my problems are that the gun has gone completely non-functional. I can verify that the gun recieves air and when I air it up without the bolt, air vents down the barrel. Once I put the bolt in the gun does not cycle, even the trigger rod does not come down to the trigger when I air up. I am going to take the gun completely apart and clean and oil every nook and cranny I can. Something tells me it has something to do with the on/off assembly, but everything seems fine. No air venting anywhere and the gun holds the pressure, nothing is happening and I am at the end of my rope....

DarkPhoenix
09-22-2002, 10:59 PM
Arrgh! I have found the solution to my second problem and I feel so irritated with myslef for not catching it sooner. Evidently the locknut on my Flatline worked itself lose and the resulting input to the gun had gone down to 300psi, no wonder it wasn't working, hehe!

stedyone
09-23-2002, 07:21 AM
What exactly is this "bolt pin" you are speaking of?? Do you mean the on/off pin? Please advise.

athomas
09-23-2002, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by DarkPhoenix
Thanks Havoc, you are a bloomin' genius! I had never of thought of checking the pin in the bolt and lo and behold, after a little pushing, the pin slid back into place and my gun is once again fully operational. Thank you. I wonder if there is a way to ensure that this does not happen again?

Are you saying that your bolt stem is loose and had to be pushed back into place? If this is the case, you should send your bolt back to AGD to be rewelded.

Havoc_online
09-23-2002, 05:13 PM
after a little pushing, the pin slid back into place and my gun is once again fully operational. Thank you. I wonder if there is a way to ensure that this does not happen again? use the strongest loc-tite you can get your hands on, make sure it's the right length when you do this and do your best to take off any extra glue that gets squeezed out of the sides when you press the pin on.
What exactly is this "bolt pin" you are speaking of?? Do you mean the on/off pin? Please advise. no not the on/off, the bolt stem on the level ten bolt. you can send it back to AGD but no you dont have to, just loc-tite it at the right length and you should be fine. let us know about anything else:)