PDA

View Full Version : Been out of paintball for awhile...have minimag with CO2 what is new? what do I need?

guysdaman
09-22-2002, 03:46 AM
I have been out of the game for about 3 years! I have a minmag I bought about 6 years ago! I really enjoyed the using the gun, but had problems with the CO2 system I was using. I had to use a remote and expansion chamber to keep liquid from getting into the gun. What is new in the industry that I can get for my mag. I have heard alot about nitro/hpa. Any and all responses would be helpful.

Thanks,
Guy :confused:

Xodus
09-22-2002, 05:35 AM
HPA is really great for your mini I run it on my mini and the gun preforms great. With HPA you can either get your tanks filled at your local field if they fill HPA or you can buy a scuba tank new/used doesnt matter as long as it has a current hydro test. pick up a fill station and for about $5.00 you will be able to fill you tank all day. I can go 2 weeks between scuba tank fills. AGD has a new bolt out called the lvl 10 kit I highly recomend it.

Havoc_online
09-22-2002, 06:00 AM
depending on how much you want to spend, there's all sorts of things you can do to your mag.

To get your mini up to date you will need
1. Plastic nubbins, like $3est.
2. A parabolic feed plug, like $3est.
3. A level 10 kit, $85
4. An Intelliframe, 115
you can learn about these things at http://store.airgun.com/

You will really benefit from HPA, you don't need a fancy tank, any preset screw in would be fine, no other regs needed.

If you want to go all out you can get a Retro Valve and a Warp feed, either way I hope you already at least have a Revy. The newest fastest hoppers are HALO's.

I dont know if you've heard or know about any of these things but if you want to learn more you can search here on the forums, or just ask.

BTW Welcome to AO :)

Xodus
09-22-2002, 08:29 AM
I thought HALO's have been pulled from the shelves pending somesort of law suet ?

Havoc_online
09-23-2002, 05:17 PM
no, they just redesigned the drive (the HALO B) now it's even quieter and faster.

Koosh
09-23-2002, 11:12 PM
I agree with everything Havoc online said, except for the intelliframe... it is not NEEDED like the others, just more of an option. I really liked the trigger of my old minimag, and saw no reason to upgrade (although I have never used an intelliframe).

If you want to keep liquid out of your gun, the BEST way to do it would be to get a Palmer Stabilizer. These are inline regs that excel at keeping liquid co2 out of the reg.

Now many people are going to try to tell you that you don't need to put an extra reg on the Mag valve, and it will decrease performance. Well let me just adress that by saying that i had my stabilizer on my mag for over 6 months, and NEVER had a problem with it. The valve was NEVER starved for air, and the Performance gained was LIKE that of using nitrogen...

Now when you look at the cost of a Stabilizer, it will be around 90 bucks, for that you can get a good cheap nitrogen tank, which would be better than the Stabilizer. So I would reccomend getting a nitro tank if it is available in your area, or the Stabilizer if you can only get co2...

Havoc_online
09-24-2002, 05:00 AM
I agree with everything Havoc online said, except for the intelliframe... it is not NEEDED no, it is not needed, but he asked what was new and the Iframe is the latest trigger frame out for the mag. If you had used one I think you would agree that it's worth it.:)

Yes, regs(other than tank and valve) will starve the valve of air and hinder performance when using HPA.

When using Co2 a palmer stab. is the best way to go but at least an expansion chamber is recommended.

like he says, if you can, just get HPA