PDA

View Full Version : What do I oil on my valve??

surfer349
09-22-2002, 02:52 PM
hey guys,
i just would like to know if any of you could tell me what i should and should not oil on a minimag valve? like do i drop some oil into every little nook and cranny, or which o-rings need oil?

i was told once that if I use nitro (compressed air), rather than co2, that the valve must be oiled after every use because nitro is drier than co2 and will crack up the orings-- is this true?

Also, when i was just shooting it, something weird happened in which the trigger had pressure on it, but when i pulled it, nothing happened, so i deggassed it and took out the valve, the on/off pin precticallly exploded out of it: what is the problem there?

--adam

virus
09-22-2002, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by surfer349
hey guys,
i just would like to know if any of you could tell me what i should and should not oil on a minimag valve? like do i drop some oil into every little nook and cranny, or which o-rings need oil?

put a copuple of drops of oil into the air line going into your valve.... take off your barrel... gas up and fire about 30-40 shots.... the oil will be/goto where it is needed....

i was told once that if I use nitro (compressed air), rather than co2, that the valve must be oiled after every use because nitro is drier than co2 and will crack up the orings-- is this true?

first i have heard of this..... good rule of thumb though would be to oil your mag after every day of play..... myself i usally just oil mine every other day of play... but will oil up before an important game day.... ie playing in a tourny, senerio game or big game and usally also right after it..... or 2cases of paint through my mag.... which ever comes first

Also, when i was just shooting it, something weird happened in which the trigger had pressure on it, but when i pulled it, nothing happened, so i deggassed it and took out the valve, the on/off pin precticallly exploded out of it: what is the problem there?

--adam

that is bolt stick.... first i would try putting oil through that valve.... if the problem still persits get a spacer kit... there will be directions on the back off the package on how to fix it

to stop the on/off from flying out... make sure that the air line going into the valve is completly empty.... unhookin the line would be the best way... and pull the valve out slowly so that when the bolt spring and bolt move far enough out the bolt can move forward to release and left over pressure in the air chamber.....