PDA

View Full Version : Tank sizes

CMDane
09-22-2002, 05:49 PM
I stopped by the local paintball shop yesterday and spoke with the owner about tank sizes (I'm planning on buying a Flatline system for my RT). He (the owner) said that there are problems in dealing with tanks larger than 68ci, saying that the larger tanks have problems with regulation and shot variation. The gist of the conversation, 90ci and larger tanks start dropping pressure and you actually end up with less shots and larger variations in shot pressure. He also stated that getting 4500 tanks filled was more problematic, requiring a booster and close to a $1,000 set-up to fill myself. Anyone care to shed any light?

Thanks,
Charles

virus
09-22-2002, 10:36 PM
lol.... your local shop owner is funny....

he is right about filling 4500psi tanks..... though if your local field can fill upto 4500psi that that would be the way to go....

the reason to get a 4500psi if your local field cant fill that high would be if you travel to different paintball events (ie big games/tournies/senerios) the larger events/fields usally can fill upto 4500psi.... at first this is the route i took.... now the fields in my area have cought up to me (that and my play area got expanded)

and i'll answer a question before asked... yes you can fill a 4500psi tank upto only 3000psi.... 4500psi is the upper limit the tank could be filled to....
now as to the matter of the larger tanks having problems with regulation and shot variation..... totaly unture..... think of it this way.... 68ci tank = 20oz bottle of soda.... 114ci tank = 2liter bottle....... the only difference other then how much each holds is that the overall volume of the larger tank goes down slower..... so if it had the same regulater on it the performace would be the same....

i think he is pushing for a smaller tank because he is the only one in the area that can fill them and a smaller tank would mean more fills you would need to get =ing more money for him.... which i cant blame him....

on avg a 68ci/3k tank will get about 680 shots where as a 68ci/4500 tank will get about 1000 shots 50% more then its 3k counterpart.... and the 68/4500 is just about equeal to a 114ci/3000 tank....