PDA

View Full Version : RT Pro Valve Issue**LEAK**

Dayspring
09-22-2002, 11:53 PM
OK. I've broken the entire thing down. I can't make heads or tails of where the leak is coming from. It sounds like an air leak between the regulator body (black) and the rest of the valve (chrome). All the orings are intact and in good shape. Any ideas as to why I'm getting this leak?

This is ASAP, I'm selling the gun and I don't want to send it to him busted & leaking.:confused: :confused: :confused:

athomas
09-23-2002, 08:51 AM
Just to speed things up, change your regulator body o-ring, your on/off bottom o-ring and your on/off small o-ring(also in the bottom). These o-rings are the only o-rings that allow air out of the valve in places other than out the front or back.

Hope you get it fixed.

joeyjoe367
09-23-2002, 12:30 PM
I'd go thru the diagnostic tests that are in the Manual. THat'll usually fix any leak that I've come upon.

Dayspring
09-25-2002, 06:54 PM
here's the issue-

Start to gas up- hear it leaking. Turn up velocity, faster leaking. Pull trigger, leak stops. What is this & is it quickly replaceable?

Havoc_online
09-25-2002, 09:59 PM
From your sig I'm guessing it's a level 10 RTP with the problem. what are your level 10 settings?

Dayspring
09-25-2002, 10:29 PM
Actually, I thought it might be the level 10, but I yanked that out and dropped the level 7 back in. Still leaked. :(

Havoc_online
09-25-2002, 10:50 PM
check your on/off pin, make sure it's not warping or bent.

Check your sear, when gassed up, are you getting about a credit card's thickness away from the trigger?

have you changed anything what so ever on the marker recently(anything at all, even the grips)

How much pressure are you gassing up with, are you sure your not chrono'd to high?

(doubtfully but are your bolt bumper and spring in good shape?)

Dayspring
09-25-2002, 11:15 PM
Nothing's changed on the marker. I used it 2 weeks prior and everything worked great.

On/off pin in good shape.

Preset tank- My guess is 800. (crossfire stubby). I had cleaned the velocity adjuster (got paint in the threads).

Springs in the reg look ok, as does the piston.

Bumper & Spring are fine.

I dunno. :confused:

Originally posted by Havoc_online
check your on/off pin, make sure it's not warping or bent.

Check your sear, when gassed up, are you getting about a credit card's thickness away from the trigger?

have you changed anything what so ever on the marker recently(anything at all, even the grips)

How much pressure are you gassing up with, are you sure your not chrono'd to high?

(doubtfully but are your bolt bumper and spring in good shape?)

athomas
09-25-2002, 11:34 PM
I take that you have found out that it is leaking out the front.

Sometimes, if you gas up a retro valve and the velocity is low, it will leak out the front.

Put a few drops of oil down your power tube. Gas up your gun with the trigger held. Turn your velocity up bit. Release your trigger. If it leaks, turn up your velocity again.

Dayspring
09-25-2002, 11:43 PM
Unfortunately not the problem... It feels like it's leaking out at the junction between the black & silver part of the valve/reg body.

athomas
09-25-2002, 11:50 PM
Did you change the regulator body o-ring, your on/off bottom o-ring and your on/off small o-ring(also in the bottom).

Dayspring
09-25-2002, 11:56 PM
Changed the reg body one. Changed the big on/off one. Small on/off looks fine.

athomas
09-26-2002, 12:05 AM
Is the grip frame fastened tightly to the rail and body?

Use plenty of lube on the new o-rings.

Put in the shortest power tube spacer for now.

Check the sear assembly.

Dayspring
09-26-2002, 12:20 AM
Everything's torqued pretty well.

Nice and oily (but not dripping)

I've got the plain Level 7 back in and I still get the leak.

Sear's fine. No sign of wear whatsoever.

I think I'm just going to send it in to AGD asap...

Havoc_online
09-26-2002, 03:25 AM
The problem has to be your Reg. pin valve assembly. Check the pin, the seat and orings. replace everything you can and oil it up.