PDA

View Full Version : Barrel Questions

barryjo
09-23-2002, 07:45 AM
Hey guys!

I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for a good mag barrel? What is the most accurate one out there?

What difference do the lengths make? I am mostly a front/mid player, so what length would be the best for me?

Thanks!!

soilent green
09-23-2002, 09:28 AM
ahh the old barrel question despite what others may tell you this is about as close to the truth as it comes first accuracy really isn't the right term to use your mostly concerned with consistency how close of a grouping do you have that is mostly determined by your paint to barrel match so the best barrel is the one that fits your paint the best so a freak or CP kit is great. As for length it matters little it mostly affects your air efficency I recomend a 10-12" barrel no longer If you dont have $200 for a barrel kit then I suggest a lapco bigshot with the .689 bore I.D. they are a great all around barrel work with most paint and are extremely efficient.

mykroft
09-23-2002, 11:29 AM
Full Freak Kit with 12" AA tip, if you have the cash.

Otherwise, a Lapco, SP Teardrop or AA or J&J barrel are all good bets. Paint-to-barrel match is the most important consideration, so consider your paint before buying a barrel, ie: if you shoot Hellfire, don't buy a Teardrop, you shoot ZAP, don't by an Autospirit, you use a lot of different paint, get a kit.

Kevmaster
09-24-2002, 09:50 PM
i LOVE my Lapco

Lapco barrels are, imho, the best ones out there. get the Autospirit if you shoot small paint, BigShot for large bore paitn