PDA

View Full Version : whats up with this??

Berner9
09-23-2002, 11:44 AM
what is this story all about? just wondering whats up and whats true or not.

http://www.angel-owners.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=549

the almighty tom kaye

-this is not intended to start problems just want to know whats up.

cphilip
09-23-2002, 11:58 AM
Well its seems even they admit its true. $25 charge to even look at them. Did someone get mad and buy a Extreme over it? I dunno...aks BradAGD, he was atributed to that story...

heh....and please tall me you are on your knee's here by the way! :D

Berner9
09-23-2002, 12:14 PM
don't worry cphilip im am deffinetly on my knees here than over there.(that doesn't sound good, lol) my angel was just having problems so i posted here and there. i can't wait for the xtreme to come out, then i can get rit of my angel.:D

Dayspring
09-23-2002, 12:54 PM
You got some backup over there Uncle Phil :D

Originally posted by cphilip
Well its seems even they admit its true. $25 charge to even look at them. Did someone get mad and buy a Extreme over it? I dunno...aks BradAGD, he was atributed to that story...

heh....and please tall me you are on your knee's here by the way! :D

Berner9
09-23-2002, 01:21 PM
lol Speed on AOG deleted all our postings. the truth uncovered:p

cphilip
09-23-2002, 01:36 PM
Well and interestingly enough we were all very polite and in fact I tried to offer them an olive branch and such and guess what? My account has been completely blocked from all forums!!!! I have never seen such missuse of any kind of reasonable moderation in all my life!!

I sent an email to the Admin. I am totally astounded in them. Childishness...

Berner9
09-23-2002, 01:44 PM
well i can still go to mine. quite childish. well now the whole thread is gone. but i guess that solves it

Dayspring
09-23-2002, 01:48 PM
You aren't the only one... Tsk tsk... Shame on them... I was perfectly cordial in my response too.

We welcome WDP owners here. I find this shameful and very condescending... We COULD have been people looking for information on a new marker... Now I know why I own a 'Mag.

cphilip
09-23-2002, 02:36 PM
Well after a few exchanged emails it seems now I can select forums again. Before I was denied access to all of them. Seems its ok now.

Yes the whole thread is now gone...I did invite them to join us for AO Day SC though. :)

End of story. I do not have any idea how that story got attributed to AO nor what the hostility is all about. Silly to have so much in common and yet so much distain for each other. Not realy such a nice thing to encourage is it?

ogre55
09-23-2002, 03:03 PM
For those of us who jumped in a little late on this thread, or those that don't visit the Angel Forums, could one of you guys in the know give us a synopsis of what the thread (and subsequent hubbub) was all about?

Ogre

cphilip
09-23-2002, 03:03 PM
Well it apears my invite for some friendly social interaction was rejected...and so the post was also taken down almost immediately. Seems we are not welcome there if we are of AO or in suport of AO in any way. They prefer to get there info about AO from staunch AOG members however twisted it may be...I can see where they are coming from. Its cool. Jason and I are in agreement we will disagree that its Paintball we should all be kindred spirits in and not just name brand robots. So when we offer events that are mutualy benificial they would rather not be a part of them if it means we may get any milage out of it too. I think thats a wrong aproach but its their site so they can be that way if they chose.

Anyway... stay here and leave em alone I guess. They will just delete it anyway.

Dayspring
09-23-2002, 03:20 PM
Not that I really care, but I'm not reinstated...

magman007
09-23-2002, 06:49 PM
well, this was my cordial inquirie, ang look, closed......im gunna get one of those shirts to burn............ there prolly the guys behind the automags suck tees in the first place! lolhttp://www.angel-owners.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=635

iw as joking about the burning thing

cphilip
09-23-2002, 07:37 PM
Well his implication that I posted after he told me no is glaringly wrong. I asked and after a fairly long period of no response I posted it anyway with intent to remove it if they did not like it. Simply was an ivitation for them to join us. And even promote themselves there if they wished. And when I finaly got a response it appeared more like they only responded to it being there and not the text I sent them by email to look at. So I went back to remove it and it was already gone. So I will have to disagree with his portrayal of it all. It did not happen in the sequence he implies.

And my account was blocked from even entering any forum for over an hour while it was being denied that it was. The account was still active and there. They just changed all my forum access to none! Clever but they do not realize I am very familiar with the abilities of the V board controls. I know exactly what they did.

I suspect they were planning on being left alone and it didn't work and they covered. So no matter. Jason seems to admit some fault of his own in the issue. So I am cool with that. I was not there to cause problems and in fact was there to try and build some fences between our groups. It seems they would rather not. My attempt was not taken in the spirit it was intended. So forget about it I say!

But no matter. Let them be small and not want to be with our group. I could care less. Lets all just drop it. I think we know now what kind of maturity level we are dealing with now.

dansim
09-23-2002, 08:00 PM
well the charge was for leds, not lcds, i belive agd charges you when you send something in dont they, if you have no stars left and since if on the same level led had stars they may be gone, as leds are pretty old now and you cant expect electronics to hold up to the abuse that is paintball for so long hence the charge

cphilip
09-23-2002, 08:06 PM
I saw nothing wrong with the charge at all. Seemed reasonable to me. Some of them did have a problem with it but then some of the "Management" were trying to attribute the whole story to us as if it was Ao Angel Bashing when indeed it was never even discussed here was what we were responding too. They pulled that out of thin air! And I also defended and attack on our own Angel Forum were they implied some things that needed a straightening out. And that they didn't want to see on their site as it challenges them to even have it mentioned there is another one... You get the gist. They are sorry it even was discoverd and want it to go away is all.

ntn4502
09-24-2002, 12:20 AM
oh well, our site's better anyway:p

dansim
09-24-2002, 06:59 AM
WOW thats a mature comment:rolleyes:

Wc Keep
09-24-2002, 07:34 AM
two parts to my comment.

1. phil dont worry cause when you get bill and dawn to come back to another ao day and post it again on warpig theyll be kicking themselves for not having accepted your invite. ao will grow far bigger than aog because not everyone knows about these forums but a lot more people know about warpig.

2. what was this $25 charge for? i didnt get a chance to read the thread

vf-xx
09-24-2002, 07:42 AM
Uh oh, what are they charging Brad with now? I've heard rumors of some bad things from him, but i've never had anything but good service from him and that store.

cphilip
09-24-2002, 08:15 AM
It was a tech charge at IAO to look at SOME Angels markers. Not all. It sounds fair to me.

Vf I have no idea what you are talking about. The guy said he heard his story from Brad. Thats all. Brad may or may not have even talked to the guy and they guy may have mixed up some of his facts. There was indeed an IR3 traded for an Extreme at IAO. I believe it was Sprayingmango who did that. And the exact facts as to why I am not certian. But this sounds similar to the story this fellow was relating. Perhaps some of the particulars were distorted or I just have not heard all of them.

How they could have interpreted that as AO bashing them I realy do not know. its never been discussed here in that way. In fact it was the Admin of the site that intialy tried to claim that was the case.

You see, part of the story was an Angel owner getting mad about it and trading it on a Emag. And that seemed to bring out the "AO must have started this" comments. Nothing could be further from the truth even if the story is true. The author of the thread attributed the story to Brad. That was the only connection. So after the "Admin" tried to make that connection to AO I felt compelled to challenge that. That was all "hear say" and I went on to tell them at no time had anyone here ever even discussed that and some of their comments were rather childish. And then poof !!! they make it all disapear and still even now there seems to be rearranging some of the facts on how the rest transpired.

I was denied Forum access for a time and the sequence of events has been rearranged in a locked post. No problem....leave it alone is what I intend to do. However I did have one more email to Jason over the sequence of events and as far as I am concerned it's finished.

Trust me there was no Angel vs. Mag issue from this direction. It was the other way around that I was trying to dispell. In fact they intitated an attack on our Angel forum as well that I went on to defend and challenge.

End of story. :rolleyes:

vf-xx
09-24-2002, 09:47 AM
Do they not realize that we have an angel forum over here?

Geeze. Oh well. I'll ask brad about it sometime.

Dayspring
09-24-2002, 09:57 AM
Mentioning that is what got me banned from viewing the forums over there. :D Nice huh? And people wonder why we like AGD.

ntn4502
09-25-2002, 04:51 PM
Dansin, know some sarcasim when you see it, everybody was responding with hugh paragraphs, and I threw in a one liner.