PDA

View Full Version : RT Pro advantages over RT?

Hemlock86
09-24-2002, 05:59 AM
I did a search and couldnt find a thread about it. I might buy an RT with benchy frame. My buddy (wingman) says I should wait and get an RT Pro because they are better with less problems. Whats the differeance between the RT Pro vs RT and is $350 a good price for a RT with a benchmark frame?

peace..thanks :D

Havoc_online
09-24-2002, 06:09 AM
they perform the same, an old school RT uses a gas-through bolt(banjo bolt) and rail.

the RTP has a newer design of the valve that doesnt need a gas through bolt or rail so it can use parts(body/rail/trigger frame) from the mini and classic(or you can put the RTP valve in mini or classic)

the newer RTP's come with an Iframe stock.

I wouldnt buy the old school RT, I'd buy the RTP, but that's just me.

It all your want is performance and dont care for the looks, save money and buy a Retro valve/Iframe. You would even still be able to buy a level ten all for less than the cost of a new RTP.

Hemlock86
09-24-2002, 06:17 AM
I wa thinking of upgrading to the ReTro and I-Frame (now lvl 10)since I got my mag. But those 3 items will cost me close to $400. new. I suppose I really dont want the Old RT though. I should just upgrade or get the RT pro. I have a buyer for my classic right now for $250.(He's on standby, hehe).

I suppose the gas through bolt was a bad design? I dont even understand what that means, hehe.

Thanks for the info mang :p

Peace
Ed

cphilip
09-24-2002, 08:56 AM
Originally posted by Havoc_online
(body/rail/trigger frame) from the mini and classic(or you can put the RTP valve in mini or classic)

In all, I agree, except to point out the RT Pro uses a different Sear and Rail...more like the emag in some ways with the screw sear pin. And a slightly different Body like th Emags with a different shaped "pennel" (sp?) that will work on a Classic or Mini but not the other way around without some minor dremel work. Small details but worth dragging out just to be able to hassel Havoc! :D

But other than those little details Havoc is dead on.

Mossman
09-24-2002, 05:20 PM
I'd get a RT. I just like em better :) The gas thru rail is a nice convenience.

The Shroud is like the minimag....a matter of preference and I like the look.

My RT shot faster than my Retro Minimag ;) More kick with same tank.

RT's are cheaper too. You can get intelli's for RT's. Internals are the same. I dont see many disadvantages, its not like they arent reliable. hell, its got "Mag" in the name doesnt it

Shop around, there are good deals to be found on everything but I've seen stock RT's go for 300 bucks which is a steal.