PDA

View Full Version : barrels don't fit my RT Pro

Trunnion
09-24-2002, 03:54 PM
i find i have quite a bit of trouble getting my boomstick and freak barrels to fit down the body of my RT Pro. i have no problems on my old powerfeed mag, but it feels like the o-rings don't really fit down the body. i tried putting on fresh o-rings, but it still doesn't really work. i had to take the body off to get the boomstick out. i also tried oiling the o-rings, but that doesn't really do anything but get oil inside the body and require a thorough cleaning. any ideas?

virus
09-24-2002, 04:18 PM
it sounds like the barrel twist lock assembly it to tight on your mag.....

to adjust it look on the undersid eof your body rail..... you may have to take the grip frame off to get to it.... it should be right in front of the front grip screw......

back it off about 3/4 - 1 full turn it should be better.... then adjust it from there....

edit almost fergot.... make sure that the front grip screw is not too long as this could cause this same problem.... while the mag is to gether shine some light down the body and see if it sticks up into the body... if it does use either a small washer or get a smaller screw..... though i still think it is the twist lock

Trunnion
09-24-2002, 04:36 PM
that's not the problem. after removing the body from the body rail(with the barrel still in it, cause i couldn't get it out), it was still very difficult to remove the barrel from the body

DarkPhoenix
09-24-2002, 10:13 PM
My question concerns the nubbins that you use. Are you using the plastic nubbins? I had the same problem when I first got my plastic nubbins. Nowadays, I just use one barrel o-ring, the closest to the breach, instead of two. The fit is still a little tight but I can remove the barrel.

Trunnion
09-24-2002, 10:39 PM
i tried with wire nubbins first. when it didn't work, i switched to plastic ones. didn't work either way

Rabidus
09-26-2002, 11:47 AM
Well, you have 2 options, or maybe a combo of them both. First you might have to whip out the sandpaper and do a little sanding. Option number two (my personal choice) start lifting weights, yeah it's harder but it will help your personal life too, instead of you going to the girls, the girls will come to you!!!