PDA

View Full Version : Automag or Minimag?

Rmarks
09-24-2002, 05:03 PM
I'm getting back into the sport after not playing for a year. I'm looking into buying a mag, the RT and E-mag are outta my price range. I was looking at paintballgear.com and came across the Minimag for $279. I was wondering if you guys thought it was worth it. I have an N2 setup already so all I need is the gun, level 10 bolt, and possibly an aftermarket barrel(was thinking about possibly a Freak setup down the road)? I'm not looking to play tourney's, but I enjoy playing speedball. Am I making a good choice in this gun?

Havoc_online
09-24-2002, 05:51 PM
mini-mag is a GREAT marker. hope you like it and welcome to AO.:)

Rmarks
09-24-2002, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by Havoc_online
mini-mag is a GREAT marker. hope you like it and welcome to AO.:)

Slapp
09-26-2002, 08:12 AM
Both the Minimag and the power feed Mag are great markers for an excellent price. The difference is the mini comes with a barrel and a vertical bottle adapter whereas the stock mag lacks these two items. The mini also has a slightly longer main body with the slotted front on it. This is really only for appearance so if you like the look better go with the mini.

Paintballgear also has what they call a TKO powerfeed mag setup for $279 that is a very good deal. It comes with a barrel, vertical bottle adapter, gas through foregrip, bottom line and all the air hoses you need to just screw in your air tank and go. With the $279 mini you will still need to get yourself a foregrip, bottom line to screw your tank into and hoses.

Rabidus
09-26-2002, 11:58 AM
Hey Slapp, how is Challenge Park Extremes??? I live over 16 hrs away so a drive it out of the question but I have family in the Chi-town area, is the park really worth the 11 million it took to build it??? I just might visit my family in Chicago with a bag full of clothes and a suitcase full of paintball gear!!

MagMonster
10-26-2002, 02:42 AM
wow what park took 11 mil to build. Id love to see a well thought out park. Its pretty bad up in Boise.