PDA

View Full Version : Anyone got pics of a rehydroed tank?

paintball8869
09-24-2002, 09:35 PM
I'm looking at buying a rehydrotested tank. Or at least that's what the guy has said it is (guy at a local field). I took a quick look at the sticker that's on it and it looks cheesy. Does anyone have any pics of what a rehydroed tank would look like? Any idea what the info should be on teh sticker? I just really want to verify that it is a legit sticker before buying it. Thanks a lot guys.

EnW
09-24-2002, 10:58 PM
Most every hydro test station has their own retest stickers.
I have seen big labels with the new info on it...to small round stickers the size of a half-dollar with the new dates on it.

Havoc_online
09-24-2002, 11:03 PM
here's one variation. every tank I've seen that's been hydro'd has it's sticker under the coating, so it doesnt come off.http://www.automags.org/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=461017

paintball8869
09-25-2002, 08:04 AM
is there any info that MUST be on the sticker that I should look for? besides the retest date. Thanks again. The sticker i'm looking at is a round one, about an inch in diameter.

SGTKennedy
09-25-2002, 08:20 AM
mine has the date and the company that tested it, under a layer of epoxy.

Vanced
09-25-2002, 08:29 AM
Sorry No pics handy at the office, but it varies GREATLY from tester to tester... I have two tanks hydro'd, one has a cheezy round sticker with the companies name and a date written in sharpie.... to the other that has a metal plate with dates stamped in and epoxyed on... but both are legal as long as the company had the right paperwork to do it. Ask for a copy if you want a piece of mind to be safe.

Vanced

paintball8869
09-25-2002, 10:35 AM
Thanks a lot for the help guys. I guess that just as long as it's epoxied on, then it is probably valid. It does have the scuba shop's name on it, so I'll give them a quick call. But everything seems alright now. Thanks again.